Light Timer via Ilon 100 web page

I have web pages that the iLon 100 hosts that allow a user to manually turn on and off lights (or any equipment really). The lights are also set on a schedule via the iLon 100 as well.

My question is how to get the lights to turn off automatically after a set time (say 15 minutes) after someone has manually turned them on. This would be during a scheduled OFF time for the lights.

I could do it fairly easily via javascript, but that would depend on the browser window remaining open, which isn't something that's dependable. I have looked at type translators and using a delay, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how that would work. For example, if I set a type translator to turn the variable state back off after a delay, that would also affect the lights when the schedule turns them on in the morning, and incorrectly shut them off again.

If anyone has any thoughts or looked at this before, I would appreciate any direction.

John

You can try using an alarm generator/notifier combination.
    I have not tried this extensively but was curious so I did a test run and seems to work.
    You will need lonmaker or equivalent to create the alarm snvt NVL for alarm generator block, or if you have xml knowledge you can add it to the nvl list .

Hints:
    Alarm generator looks at the on state of your load and puts out snvt alarm
    Alarm notifier looks at this same snvt alarm and updates the load to off state after delay (15 minutes) which is setup in alarm notifier.
    Normal Scheduler disables alarm notifier when sweep off is not required by setting (NVL_nviAnEnable).

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll poke around that and see if I can get it to work.

Seeing as I am fairly a novice, I might be back with a couple questions...

iLon timers - You are on the right track

You are on the right track with a Type Translator(TT).

Trick is to have a data point that is driven by the scheduler, an override point driven by the web page, then look at these datapoint with TT logic to turn the light off with a control data point.

The TT should say if scheduler datapoint is OFF and light override point is ON then turn control datapoint OFF, override point OFF--> delay 15 minutes.

Another TT says is scheduler DB is ON, turn control datapoint ON.

So whenever you override the point ON during an OFF time period, it will trigger the light to go off after the 15 min delay period.

Quote Originally Posted by lonman View Post
    You are on the right track with a Type Translator(TT).

Trick is to have a data point that is driven by the scheduler, an override point driven by the web page, then look at these datapoint with TT logic to turn the light off with a control data point.

The TT should say if scheduler datapoint is OFF and light override point is ON then turn control datapoint OFF, override point OFF--> delay 15 minutes.

Another TT says is scheduler DB is ON, turn control datapoint ON.

So whenever you override the point ON during an OFF time period, it will trigger the light to go off after the 15 min delay period.

Thats the way I would approach it, amigo's idea would also work.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Thank you, that makes sense.

I did have one thought in looking at your suggestions, it seemed like you might be able to get away with one TT and one extra datapoint, though I may be missing something.

For each lighting control point, you have the actual relay datapoint, and a "schedule" datapoint.

For the web page HMI, each button would directly write to the relay datapoint, turning on/off the lights.

The schedule datapoint and the relay datapoint would be written to each time the schedule was updated, so you could check what the scheduled value should be at any point in time.

Finally, the TT would key off of the changing relay datapoint and schedule datapoint, and follow the below structure.

User turns on light manually
    1) if the schedule datapoint says ON, then do nothing.
    2) if the schedule datapoint says OFF, then after a 15 minute delay turn off the relay datapoint (turn light off).

User turns the light off manually, do nothing.

That seems like it should operate as desired.

When the schedule turns on/off the light, it would follow the above rules as well, and should function ok.

Does that make sense, am I missing anything?

Thanks again for your help, very helpful and timely reponses.