Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    Thats right. If we have no guns, then we in lies the problem? Sure, you can beat people to death and stab them, but IMO that more unlikely that how easy one can just pull a trigger from a distance. When you kill someone with a knife, you have to look them in the eye when you do it.
    when it comes to personal defense:

"most" gun fights start out as hand-to-hand combat and "most" gun fights happen within 7 yards (21 feet) of the defendant. So, not to worry, if I have to defend myself or my family it's a very good bet, I will be looking my enemy in the eye.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by oloenneker View Post
    The second amendment, in it's written context gives no "rights" to own arms for the purpose of "personal self defense".. It extends the right of the "people" to have access to arms in the intent to form a "well regulated militia" which somehow has been construed into the idea that "all men" shall have access to arms.
    A "militia" at the time the Constitution was written, is an armed civilian populace. The military does not qualify as a "militia". As a matter of fact, the military is a separately listed entity in the Constitution...as in may not force themselves into one's home. The Constitution calls for a "well regulated militia".

All we have to do is enforce existing laws (which we do not do) rather than adding additional laws which we CAN not.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Wanker's interpretation

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Now you know why Liberal want to change the constitution to fit their ideology.

It doesn't fit their agenda

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Now you know why Liberal want to change the constitution to fit their ideology.

It doesn't fit their agenda

If I'm not mistaken, both the Attorney General and the Supreme Court have ruled that the second Amendment IS AN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT,

I will ask this AGAIN: IF YOU TAKE AWAY ALL THE GUNS FROM LEGAL, LAW ABIDING CITIZENS? HOW DOES THAT AFFECT THE CRIMINAL............no one in the anti-gun group seems to want to answer that question
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

The problem with passing new gun laws is....only law abiding citizens obey them. The old bumper sticker is right;

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    if your talking about the link, it seems to work, I'm refering to the price of ammo as a form of gun control
    was it Chris Rock's $5000 bullets?
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    A "militia" at the time the Constitution was written, is an armed civilian populace. The military does not qualify as a "militia". As a matter of fact, the military is a separately listed entity in the Constitution...as in may not force themselves into one's home. The Constitution calls for a "well regulated militia".

All we have to do is enforce existing laws (which we do not do) rather than adding additional laws which we CAN not.

BINGO!
    The constitution certainly does specifically state that the PEOPLE have a right to bear arms and that the right shall not be screwed around with.
    I can't believe we are still explaining this to the bleeding hearts 200+ years later.

hmmm, 200 years?

as in 1807?

not much has changed.

...bingo indeed, boner-bill.

The intellectual paraplegic has arrived with another one....
    See the plus sign in front off 200?
    200+ as in 200 and some change.
    Don't you have another Chinese Toy design to approve?

Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post

...bingo indeed, boner-bill.
    when all else fails, including logic, start name calling.

there's a LOT of gay-rage there - you may want to look-into-that...

...anyhow - here's a very brief list of things that have changed since the beloved draft of the Constitution - and her Amends. were issued:

weapons - calibre, ease-of-use, size/weight reduction, availability, etc.;
    population density;
    most kids with 0 to 1 parent at home;
    mass media;
    internet (or 'internets' if you're a G'Dub'Ya burn-out like boot-tsie); and,
    the increased pressures of day-to-day life to just 'make a dollar' and survive.

here's a question for an almost-deep-thinker like boner-bill:

if you ENFORCE tough gun laws (covering automatic weapons i.e. non-hunting rifles) and actually follow-up with tough jail time for the mere possession of the human-killing weapons...doesn't that put the 'heat' on the criminals as well as your average trailer-park-gun-nut?

(ref. civil societies around the world)

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    when all else fails, including logic, start name calling.
    That's all he's got. Apparently he's likes boners alot.
    If you ever see a constructive thought from tony that is a paragraph in length, start looking for a star in the east.

a reference that ONLY a jesus-freak would find 'interesting'.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast