Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please me to chouse the controller for Modulating Damper

The modulating actulator (Belimo Model SM24-SR90 )it use singnal control On/Off by Potentiomer 135..140 Ohm..(Pls see attached)MY QUESTION AS BELLOW:
    1. How to control this damper because of i used to use another model that i used sinal 0-10 V to control ON/OF ...
    2.My controller can give singnal 0-10v,4-20 mA,
    3. kindly help me to explain the above mention control gear ( Potentiomet 135..140 Ohm) and where to buy this product
    thank a lot
    ton
    Attached Files Attached Files

The Belimo actuator you are using modulates based on a varying resistance between the signal terminals. We have hooked up many actuators that have this type of input. We always use the RES-1 from Kele. It will accept a 0-10v or 4-20mA signal. See below.

Good luck!

res-1e.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tubes110 View Post
    The Belimo actuator you are using modulates based on a varying resistance between the signal terminals. We have hooked up many actuators that have this type of input. We always use the RES-1 from Kele. It will accept a 0-10v or 4-20mA signal. See below.

Good luck!

res-1e.pdf
    thank u so much for your replies

Wheatstone bridge. Get an actuator that uses you signal. or a converter from KELE which will cast about 250.00

Also try ACT - Advanced Control Technologies

http://www.act-solutions.com/

>Get an actuator that uses you signal. or a converter from KELE which will cast about 250.00

Swap the actuator if it's that much. That SM has been in service for years, they discontinued that thing many moons ago.

Nothing I hate more than controls driving, controls driving, controls……….

try robertshaw controls conert to pneumatic one it will work much better

Why would you want to convert to pneumatic? You would then need to get a pressure transducer, not to mention an air source? Is there some sort of advantage that I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ton_691 View Post
    The modulating actulator (Belimo Model SM24-SR90 )it use singnal control On/Off by Potentiomer 135..140 Ohm..(Pls see attached)MY QUESTION AS BELLOW:
    1. How to control this damper because of i used to use another model that i used sinal 0-10 V to control ON/OF ...
    2.My controller can give singnal 0-10v,4-20 mA,
    3. kindly help me to explain the above mention control gear ( Potentiomet 135..140 Ohm) and where to buy this product
    thank a lot
    ton
    as above mention for Belimo Model SM24-SR90 ,i am confuse abouth the switch between A and B , when i select the switch at the font of acutator to "A" position the actuator will be turn left and when i select "B" actuator will be turn right ,If i need to control by potentio meter, how to set these switch position .

Tubes110,

Relax, Rolo's just puttin' you on. He does this all the time just to get a rise out of everyone.

"outtacontrol" has to be one of the best HVAC Talk names I have seen on here... Thanks for the chuckle....

as above mention for Belimo Model SM24-SR90 ,i am confuse abouth the switch between A and B , when i select the switch at the font of acutator to "A" position the actuator will be turn left and when i select "B" actuator will be turn right ,If i need to control by potentio meter, how to set these switch position .

The A-B switch changes the action of the actuator. If its clockwise with no signal with the switch in the A position, the actuator will go full counter clockwise in the B position with no signal. Easier to explain with 0-10v

A position

0v = full clockwise
    10v = full counter clockwise

B position

0v = full counter clockwise
    10v = full clockwise

Not sure if I have the CW or CCW right, but you get the point. Set this switch to match your program. Command it open and if it's closed, flip the switch. If it's not moving at all when you change your signal, you have something mucked up or the actuator is dead.

>try robertshaw controls conert to pneumatic one it will work much better

LOL there we go.

Start with 0-10v out of the controller, then get a UPC to convert to pneumatic, pneumatic to 135ohm transducer, finally the actuator. Almost forgot, and an EP to cover the safeties also. Please post the pictures in the wall-o-shame when you’re done.

Here I thought it was HW's motto "jobs not done till the vans empty". You have this stitched on your shirt also Rolo?

Thanks Shiff,

You might actually know me. I did the Plant Physiology job a few years ago with the Argus System.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast