Trane Chillers Retrofit

We are bidding for the upgrade of the Trane Chiller Controls QTY 06 CentraVac Chillers and we require the following items:
    1. CH531 – 6 nos.
    2. LCIC – 6 nos.
    Please advise the cost of these items: supply test and commission.

Question You can't be serious

Have you lost your mind?

This is your first post and you use it not to introduce yourself, but to have us do your dirtywork!

Secondly, we would have no idea of what a CH531 retrofit would cost because we don't know what you have, what you need, or who's gonna sell it to you.

I'd call your local TRANE salesman, they'll engineer the job, determine what you need, and sell you the parts.

Oh, I almost forgot.....

Welcome to HVAC talk!

-JB

Trane Retrofit CH531

Thanks for your nice gesture. The local Trane office did not want to give us a price for these items as they are competeing with us. The job involoves upgrade of Chiller Plant Controls and part of it is the control system of the trane chiller. What I'm looking for is an idea of the price of the CH531 (budgetary price) as well as the LCIC gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by icms View Post
    Thanks for your nice gesture. The local Trane office did not want to give us a price for these items as they are competeing with us. The job involoves upgrade of Chiller Plant Controls and part of it is the control system of the trane chiller. What I'm looking for is an idea of the price of the CH531 (budgetary price) as well as the LCIC gateway.
    Your company should have a Trane account salesman who BETTER help you if he wants another order from you, right?
    jogas

Normally CH-531 retrofits are going to be around 15K each, but seeing as there is 6 of them it will probably be lower, you should really be flying after the first couple. I havent used any of the LON devices you are looking for, maybe someone else might know.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Honestly, you have no business bidding work you don't know how to perform, yet alone price.
    Price would also depend on geographical location, etc...
    I charge 180$ an hour, but a company 1 hour away charges 120$ an hour...
    “It is impossible for one to learn what one thinks they already know"

If you really want to piss off your local Trane rep, why dont you give the customer the option of retrofitting to York Opti-View panels, usually when the customer sees the difference in the 2 panels he will choose the York.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.