Question Need Wiring Diagram for Beverage Air Freezer

Hello. I have a Beverage Air 3 door freezer that has got me puzzled and i need a Wiring diagram for it if anyone here has access to one.

The problem started with the unit not defrosting enough. I found the Paragon 8141 timer not always initiating defrost, as well as the defrost termination thermostat ending the defrost cycle too early.

So, I replaced both, using an OEM defrost termination stat, and a G.E. DV40M universal Defrost timer configured to the 8141 wiring.

About a week later got a not freezing call, and found the timer contacts stuck closed, so I replaced the timer figuring defective control. Three days later, get same call, same problem. I then start tracing out the wiring and checking the defrost timer connections against the number designations on the main wiring terminal block. The only problem I found was a purple wire hooked up to the compressor terminal on the timer, which then goes down thru the door switches, and the evap fan thermostat, and back to the L1 on the terminal block. I figured the purple wire would cause a feed back to the compressor and must have welded the contacts shut in the timer. Now I figured the purple wire should be going to the evap fans, but I can't figure out where in the circuit it belongs. So I need a diagram to see exactly what goes where.

The unit is a 3 door upright freezer model #EF74-SAS

Thanks in advance for any help.

Glen,
    I will look and see if I have one, but I think that they are available at the website for Bev air

bev air tech support number 1800-459-9800

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Hello. I have a Beverage Air 3 door freezer that has got me puzzled and i need a Wiring diagram for it if anyone here has access to one.

The problem started with the unit not defrosting enough. I found the Paragon 8141 timer not always initiating defrost, as well as the defrost termination thermostat ending the defrost cycle too early.

So, I replaced both, using an OEM defrost termination stat, and a G.E. DV40M universal Defrost timer configured to the 8141 wiring.

About a week later got a not freezing call, and found the timer contacts stuck closed, so I replaced the timer figuring defective control. Three days later, get same call, same problem. I then start tracing out the wiring and checking the defrost timer connections against the number designations on the main wiring terminal block. The only problem I found was a purple wire hooked up to the compressor terminal on the timer, which then goes down thru the door switches, and the evap fan thermostat, and back to the L1 on the terminal block. I figured the purple wire would cause a feed back to the compressor and must have welded the contacts shut in the timer. Now I figured the purple wire should be going to the evap fans, but I can't figure out where in the circuit it belongs. So I need a diagram to see exactly what goes where.

The unit is a 3 door upright freezer model #EF74-SAS

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Glenn,
    I am looking at the diagram and I can see that you do have a wiring problem....the purple wire is not suppose to go to the door switch(s). Once you get the diagram you will have it corrected. Call Beverage Air techncial support and they will fax a copy of it to you..no problem.

Jabs