dole plates used for freezing products

Any one out there know how to size plates that are solid , size being 24 x 48 they fit down into a ceiling panel grid and were originally used for hot water heating panels and i wanted to use them for freezing panels in a walk in freezer as the shelving parts .I am wondering if this would work,and would this be cost efficient to run as no fans,no defrost other than a manual one.It seems that in a modern day freezer, something is always running driving up operating costs. thanks jeff.Ps. any type of refrigerant excepable and horsepower.

dole plates widely used in freezers, but they are storage freezers. No way you can freeze product with a Dole plate.

Years ago, we used plate type evaporaters in brine tanks, and ice holds in fishing boats. We sized the compressors @ 8 to 10 square feet of surface area per ton of refrigeration. In your case, you have 8 ft2 of surface, use 1 ton (12000 btu) per plate. As far as refrigerant, I would use 404A. TXV selections should be made using Sporlan's selection liturature. Be sure to protect your compressor with oil separator, and accumulator.

davj3.......

Perhaps this info is more in line with what you're looking for:

http://www.doleref.com/Assets/Sales%...n%20Plates.pdf

Id like to thank all that replied , i found info by your web site in dole plate quick plate freeze sizing cant believe i didnt check back sooner , boy time flys.thanks jeff