sweating ductwork

the humidity has neen extremley high in s.w. pa lately and i have been getting multiple complaints of ductwork and diffusers sweating. anyone elsw been having this problem?

I got a few of them the last couple of weeks....
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Lightbulb

Check air-flow or Belts
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by skpkey9 View Post
    Check air-flow or Belts
    the first thing i usually do is make sure the outside air dampers aren't stuck open dumping in humidity. it has been so humid around here lately there seems to be no answer.
    you can raise the discharge air temp to reduce the condensation but the humidity will get worse and space temps will rise.

or lower discharge air temp to remove more humidity but the duct gets colder and sweats even more.

sort of a catch 22

I suggested to a customer to get a dehumidifier to help cut it down. It worked here in south jersey. The system couldn't handle the humidity rushing through with outside doors opening and closing every once in a while. The customer was pretty cool in that she understood her system had its' limitations. Don't always get those. Most of them think the temp should be able to get to where ever they set the stat.

"I set the stat to 65 so it would get cooler because it's so hot and humid out and it never stops running. There's something wrong. Fix it!"

Meanwhile, it's 98 and feels like 105. I feel like asking them if they slam their doors, do they think that they will close tighter?

Don't fool with a toy dehu, get a high capacity dehu like the Ultra-
    Aire 150H. This will control 4,000 sqft of floor space. This unit removes 15 gals of moisture per day using 12 amps 115 v. The unit is ductable and connects to the a/c. thermastor.com. Dehu TB