Odor Eliminators

Hello--Looking for something pretty green & safe to get rid of occasional cooking odors from my home.

I found the following at HD and wonder if it works and how safe it is.

http://www.gonzocorp.com/odor.htm

All odors are positively charged gases that float in the air like dust particles. The Gonzo Odor Eliminators are all natural, odorless, non-toxic volcanic crystals with millions of surfaces and channels containing a negative charge. The Odor Eliminators act like a magnet does with metal; they attract and hold all odors to keep the air clean and smelling fresh. This is a great item to keep in your kitchen, basement, closet, car, or any other area where odors may linger.

After 10 months place the mesh bag in the sunlight for 6 hours, this
    procedure recharges The Gonzo Odor Eliminator making it a wonderful
    odor-controlling tool that can be used over and over

This looks like a bag of activated carbon, (charcoal) similar to what you would use in a fish tank. Its probably safe...the best way to deal with this is to allow fresh air into the home.

Actually it is zeolite. Harmless and somewhat effective.

Thanks breathe easy - product is sort of dusty so I've kept it away from the return. Any plus or harm in putting product in bottom of return?

You have many good posts... Any ERV expertise as I'm looking in that direction vs a fresh air vent but need some info. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by breathe easy View Post
    Actually it is zeolite. Harmless and somewhat effective.

caz
    My motto is keep it simple.

I would vote for a fresh air vent with a filter and a damper. Arizona has big swings in temperature on a daily basis. This would enable you to take advantage of the cooler nights and obtain the fresh air circulation you are seeking.

Thanks again breathe easy -> have existing Trane 5" media which I thought fresh air vent could be connected too? Contractor feels our frequent summer dust storms will clog it? In the summer do ERV's cool input air very much?
    Quote Originally Posted by breathe easy View Post
    caz
    My motto is keep it simple.

I would vote for a fresh air vent with a filter and a damper. Arizona has big swings in temperature on a daily basis. This would enable you to take advantage of the cooler nights and obtain the fresh air circulation you are seeking.