Flotronic Chiller

Flotronic Chiller

Do Flotronic Chillers have the ability to limit the number of compressors they use if the OSA temperature rises high enough that subcooling cannot be maintained? OSA temp here yesterday was 108 degrees. 30GB200 wouldn't turn on more than 2 out of 8 compressors and so wouldn't maintain 45 degree chillwater setpoint.

HMMMMMMMMMMM I'd call my local Carrier distributor and speak to their resident service expert. Used to be they had some really sharp guys, there.. A lot are retiring so I don't know if that's still true.

Good luck and let us know what you find out so we can all learn.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

If it is a Flotronic II controller goto 3 STAT on the keypad and see what mode it is operating under. The manuals for Flo I & II are available on the HVACPARTNERS website under literature.

The manual guides you through a test on the controller. Run the tests and as mentioned before check the current setup.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein