+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Navigation GPS Vent/Rant/ Sob Story

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    ozone - you on the rag?

seriously if thats all you got bicah about !!

there are way more important things in life than to whinge about a gps unit not working you got your health? money in the bank food on the table -some one whom loves you friends?
    misisng those is important the rest is a distraction

Hope you diagnosed the problem and its not a loose jack inside the gps unit
    I said I see the humor in it .. The story is a little embellished to enhance the humor. (I didn't really tell Binpin I hope Raheesh gives her the crabs....just thought it okay?) . It Does suck to pay for something and see the price slashed in half in a year's time.... I should at least get a free jar of vaseline or something. and it does suck to get good help when you're forkin out the bucks..and then be treated shabbily when you have a problem.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    O Z...

Your points regarding a GPS unit are spot on. Sure I can use a map. Heck, once I look at a particular route, I rarely ever look again.

However, when the kid yells, Potty Time, it's nice to hit a couple of buttons and drive to the nearest rest area. Same goes for the "I'm hungry" cry. Where To > Food > All Food. Bam. All of your nearest choices.

Good luck on your quest.
    Thanks .... I'll be checking out the Garmins Tomorrow..... (need it for Sunday)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ozone drone View Post
    Ummm ,That's how these things DO work shoppy ..They talk you there. You don't have to look at the screen.
    I kinda figured.

I've seen the commercials with the talking cars that say "left turn ahead" or some such, but they just show the driver smiling that his car is talking to him in some smooth, silky, feminine voice. Hmm...might be better off for him if he had to look at some dinky LCD screen vs. get stoked over that voice. I can just hear the teaser for the ten o'clock news now..."Man crashes car into house, last seen hopping away on pogo stick..."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shophound View Post
    I kinda figured.

I've seen the commercials with the talking cars that say "left turn ahead" or some such, but they just show the driver smiling that his car is talking to him in some smooth, silky, feminine voice. Hmm...might be better off for him if he had to look at some dinky LCD screen vs. get stoked over that voice. I can just hear the teaser for the ten o'clock news now..."Man crashes car into house, last seen hopping away on pogo stick..."

Yeah she is (was) my road mistress, I'd find myself replying, "Yes Dear", Gotcha Darlin..... Just like havin the wife tell you where to go....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ozone drone View Post
    Yeah she is (was) my road mistress, I'd find myself replying, "Yes Dear", Gotcha Darlin..... Just like havin the wife tell you where to go....
    I prefer the horny English lass.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in