Brooklyn, NY Occupation: HVAC Service Contractor

Super Seal 3 Phase Sealant

I have an irrepairable refrigerant leak on a 7.5 ton R-22 split system that's on the tubesheet of the indoor air cooled condenser that over 20 years old. The leak is impossible to get to because of where the unit is installed and the unit would have to be de-installed to get to it. I add new refrigerant every year during start up and that gets it thru the cooling saeson. Today I used a can of Super Seal 3 Phase leak sealant made by Cliplight. The stuff smelled like "ASS". Does anybody have any history on using this product? Does it or can it work?

Thanks

Guys behind counter at supply house said a lot of people are buying it but that doesn't mean anything. Understand the situation but I only like to see oil and refrigerant in a system. If turbocor catches on bigger we wont even have to worry about oil .Love looking in a sight glass to see a bright green glow.

Haven't used the 3 phase stuff but have used three cans of the regular A/C stuff. Two systems, one in a week, had bad/stuck compressors that couldn't be started with Superboosts or anything. The other still runs. The problem with the stuff is that the system has to be dry. But if you can get it dry that means it has no leak. So you don't need it. Kind of stupid. We aren't going to use it anymore.
    If at first you don't succeed; charge, charge, charge again.

leaks

I cant believe they still allow you guys to charge a system that you know is leaking ,what happened to responsible environmental practices .In canada if it leaks it has to be fixed period,I think its about time the US caught up and got into the 20th century when it comes to leak repairs and so called allowable leak rates.There is absoluteley no reason that a leak cannot be fixed whatever the cicumstances. Wake up guys we are all sharing the same atmosphere.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roc service View Post
    I have an irrepairable refrigerant leak on a 7.5 ton R-22 split system that's on the tubesheet of the indoor air cooled condenser that over 20 years old. The leak is impossible to get to because of where the unit is installed and the unit would have to be de-installed to get to it. I add new refrigerant every year during start up and that gets it thru the cooling saeson. Today I used a can of Super Seal 3 Phase leak sealant made by Cliplight. The stuff smelled like "ASS". Does anybody have any history on using this product? Does it or can it work?

Thanks
    Does that stuff actually work? I've seen it a couple times in the supply house, But I've got some serious doubts about actually using it.

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    I cant believe they still allow you guys to charge a system that you know is leaking ,what happened to responsible environmental practices .In canada if it leaks it has to be fixed period,I think its about time the US caught up and got into the 20th century when it comes to leak repairs and so called allowable leak rates.There is absoluteley no reason that a leak cannot be fixed whatever the cicumstances. Wake up guys we are all sharing the same atmosphere.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You saying theres something wrong with my r22 bottle hooked up to a solenoid and LP controller?

jk

In canada if it leaks it has to be fixed period,I think its about time the US caught up and got into the 20th century when it comes to leak repairs and so called allowable leak rates.

Canada is an insignificant country. Take them out of the equation and no
    one will miss them.

Jabs

Right, cause everyone in Canada follows those rules...