Ceiling mount return grill air cleaner recommendations

I am new to IAQ.

Options appear to be limited in this market simply because 95% of all air handlers in Arizona are in the attic or on the roof.

What realistic options are available for me to offer to my customers?

At this point I am thinking that installing an air cleaner in the attic, at the air handler, is just a bad idea. I'm not really sure that there are any options for package units on the roof.

I guess Aprilaire makes a grille mount 6" hepa filter. The 2250 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by refrigeration mafia View Post
    I am new to IAQ.

Options appear to be limited in this market simply because 95% of all air handlers in Arizona are in the attic or on the roof.

At this point I am thinking that installing an air cleaner in the attic, at the air handler, is just a bad idea. I'm not really sure that there are any options for package units on the roof.

whats wrong with the attic? the furnace is there and so is the ductwork, I have done many in vegas, bull head city with no probs. Just sell them a pm contract with it, or remind them to service it early in the morning before the attic is hot. On a few I have moved the furnace and or duct to make it fit, also put better cat walk plywood in for easier service.

if this is a roof-top pack unit, sell them a better filter for the return filter grill and thats it!

matt

Quote Originally Posted by refrigeration mafia View Post
    I am new to IAQ.

whats wrong with the attic? the furnace is there and so is the ductwork, I have done many in vegas, bull head city with no probs. Just sell them a pm contract with it, or remind them to service it early in the morning before the attic is hot. On a few I have moved the furnace and or duct to make it fit, also put better cat walk plywood in for easier service.

if this is a roof-top pack unit, sell them a better filter for the return filter grill and thats it, usually need to replace the entire return can for deeper filters!

matt

Google 2000 DT. I Remedyed that problem years ago.
    http://www.genesisair.com/2000dt.html

Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Google 2000 DT. I Remedyed that problem years ago.
    http://www.genesisair.com/2000dt.html
    Does that thing come in different sizes, like 20x20, 20x40 or 20x30?

Not sure exactly what it does but it sure does look impressive and it does have an impressive price tag.

Lots of homeowners seem to be interested in IAQ. Big demand around here, so I am interested in anything that might fill the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstrav View Post
    whats wrong with the attic? ... I have done many in vegas, bull head city with no probs. Just sell them a pm contract with it ...
    I was trying to avoid an attic application, but I guess it's not really that big of a deal.

the 20x20x4 in grill is our most common unit. But We can custom fit to any grill opening size. MSRP is just top end pricing to give the reps wiggle room . I went into cardiac rest when I first saw them before they were posted. End user pricing is done by our area reps I would hope it is much less.

How is this thing better than an April Aire 5000 or 2200?

Why would people pay that much more?

Got a good e-mail address. Got some data to answer your question. But it will self destruct in a timely manner.

I just sent you an email Genesis