Thread: Coil Vs Condensor sizing

Post Likes

Coil Vs Condensor sizing

Hey folks...need some advice...if I am going to put a 3 ton coil, will I get better performance with a

2.5 ton condensor
    3 ton condensor
    4 ton condensor

Thanks for your help

Joe

Post Likes
    Condenser should be sized for the load. Then determine the coil size for the best performance.
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

Post Likes
    So on a 3600Sf house, each system at 1800sf...that would be 3 tons?

Why do some people insist on different size coils vs condensors...should a 3 ton condensor be matched to a 3 ton coil...

But then I've been told to get a bigger condensor to help dissapate the heat being taken out of the house..

I'm confused...

Joe

Post Likes

Confused Mis-matching coils and condensers

I thought that "mis-matching" a coil and condensing unit was an old school efficiency trick that didn't accomplish much anymore now that we're only able to buy 13 SEER minimum equipment. Is there still a benefit to doing this?

Post Likes

mis match

you can obtain better de-humidification by mis matching coils to condensers, if you have the right blower to move the amount of air you need, and the condenser should be sized for the load, but you can't go wrong if you use the ari directory, at least you'll know what the efficiency is supposed to be, anything else is just a guess,

but that's just my opinion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in