Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    [B]
    Then what's on L3?
    have you ever worked with 3 phase?

I'm getting tired of trying to explain how 3 phase electricity works & I'm about to go to bed. So, let me try this.....Especially for Bustawrench.....According to you, and all your research on the net, if I have a motor that runs on 460v 3 phase, and I disconnect one of the lines, that motor will still run because the power fairy will make sure there is still 460v there, even though 1 of the legs that make up the voltage is no longer present. I hope you don't actually work on 3 phase equipment. I tried to be nice, but that comment you made "Wrong", just pissed me off. If you are actually a commercial tech, I strongly reccomend you learn more about 3 phase systems. If I'm wrong I'll say I'm wrong, but I can promise you, there is no way you can prove me wrong. As far as that other bull$$t you were talking....No, Ive never been in a conversation with you before, and won't be again.
    I read this forum to learn about things I've not run across before, and to help someone it I can. I'm sorry if I took this thread off subject, and unless there's a post I just can't turn my back on........................Over & out

He is saying there is 460v of potential between two legs....... am I missing something?

Maybe it was a corner grounded delta

But probably not, since you don't see much of that any more.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Maybe.............Just Maybe, the OP was simply stating that the unit he was working on was supplied with 460V power and he took a hit off of that supply power.........just a thought - but maybe he was trying to get the point across that the electricity put a hurt to him.

Bama - thanks for all the textbook crap..........but 115V, 120V, 208V, 220V, 230V, 240V, 277V, 440V, 460V, 480V all hurts, right?

Now, if you really want to be useful - tell me how much more one hurts as compared to another. ............after all, that kinda is what the thread was about - or did I read another one wrong?

I'm getting tired of trying to explain how 3 phase electricity works & I'm about to go to bed. So, let me try this.....Especially for Bustawrench.....According to you, and all your research on the net, if I have a motor that runs on 460v 3 phase, and I disconnect one of the lines, that motor will still run because the power fairy will make sure there is still 460v there, even though 1 of the legs that make up the voltage is no longer present. I hope you don't actually work on 3 phase equipment. I tried to be nice, but that comment you made "Wrong", just pissed me off. If you are actually a commercial tech, I strongly reccomend you learn more about 3 phase systems. If I'm wrong I'll say I'm wrong, but I can promise you, there is no way you can prove me wrong. As far as that other bull$$t you were talking....No, Ive never been in a conversation with you before, and won't be again.
    I read this forum to learn about things I've not run across before, and to help someone it I can. I'm sorry if I took this thread off subject, and unless there's a post I just can't turn my back on........................Over & out

1. No, that is not what I said, if you single phase a three phase motor it will not run, it will burn out.

2. I don't care if I p*ssed you off or not, if you're going to tell people things that will get them killed, I will tell you that you are wrong.

3. I strongly suggest that you get some training before you hurt yourself or someone else. It's people who know nothing, but think they know everything who get people like me killed. Maybe the power fairy will come and explain it to you in a dream.

Goodbye.

You're right Markettech, that's what it was all about. I tried to bring a slight bit of humor to it, and you jumped on me like I didn't know what I was talking about, so I had to jump back, and I was being a smart a$$ in my response to you. No hard feelings...Right?

Maybe.............Just Maybe, the OP was simply stating that the unit he was working on was supplied with 460V power and he took a hit off of that supply power.........just a thought - but maybe he was trying to get the point across that the electricity put a hurt to him.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes that is what I meant, the unit was supplied with 460 volts and even if i only got part of that, it hurt like hell, and it was freaking scary. Every time I remember it I can still smell the voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    It's people who know nothing, but think they know everything who get people like me killed.
    Exactly why I said you should learn more!

You're right Markettech, that's what it was all about. I tried to bring a slight bit of humor to it, and you jumped on me like I didn't know what I was talking about, so I had to jump back, and I was being a smart a$$ in my response to you. No hard feelings...Right?
    None here..........couple of smilies in a smart a$$ post goes a long way though ... ...

Exactly why I said you should learn more!

This from the guy who can't read a simple diagram.

I sure hope I'm not on the same site when you actually try wire a 3 phase unit. I'm sure it's not gonna be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by refer guy View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes that is what I meant, the unit was supplied with 460 volts and even if i only got part of that, it hurt like hell, and it was freaking scary. Every time I remember it I can still smell the voltage.
    I seriously didn't mean any disrespect to you Refer Guy, I was just letting off some steam. I got caught in a low & hi leg myself & it hurts like hell.....& yes Bustawrench it was 460v, which means I got hit with about 340v, there now, are you happy? Sorry Refer, Hope you're doing well

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    None here..........couple of smilies in a smart a$$ post goes a long way though ... ...
    I'll remember that. Thanks Markettech.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast