Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 123
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,801
    Ok Bama..... I gotcha.
    ___________________________________________


  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Prove me wrong. Explain how you can get hit by 460 without having contact with all 3 legs that make up 460!

    Email your address and I'll send you copies of my x-rays and mri's.

    If you are going to tell people that you have to touch all three legs together to get "hit" then you sir have no idea what you are talking about and you may get someong killed.

    By the way, if you tie all three legs together, the resulting plasma explosion will likely kill you outright.

    A delta system is a good short-distance distribution system. It is used for neighborhood and small commercial loads close to the supplying substation. Only one voltage is available between any two wires in a delta system. The delta system can be illlustrated by a simple triangle. A wire from each point of the triangle would represent a three-phase, three-wire delta system. The voltage would be the same between any two wires
    Next time you come across a delta transformer system, measure l1 to l2 and see what you get.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Southern Tier, NY
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc76 View Post
    you only need to touch one
    HuH ..???

    one leg to ground is ... 277 ...

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    .
    Last edited by bustawrench1; 08-05-2007 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    Perhaps this will help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  6. #58
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    Email your address and I'll send you copies of my x-rays and mri's.

    If you are going to tell people that you have to touch all three legs together to get "hit" then you sir have no idea what you are talking about and you may get someong killed.

    By the way, if you tie all three legs together, the resulting plasma explosion will likely kill you outright.



    Next time you come across a delta transformer system, measure l1 to l2 and see what you get.
    I NEVER said you had to touch all 3 to get hit. I said you had to touch all 3 to get the full 460v. Any one of the 3 and a ground is all you need. What you need is more research.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    I NEVER said you had to touch all 3 to get hit. I said you had to touch all 3 to get the full 460v. Any one of the 3 and a ground is all you need. What you need is more research.
    See above.

    I don't need research, I see 460 every day.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by bustawrench1 View Post
    Perhaps this will help.
    I'm glad you found these diagrams. Take a close look at them & EXPLAIN to this dumb a$$ redneck how you can have 460v run through you and only be in contact with 1 or even 2 legs. If you're unfortunate enough to have all 3 legs hit you, then I agree. That's hard to do. Most of the time it's either between 2 legs or 1 leg & ground. Either one is not going to send 460 through you, it takes all 3. Keep digging through the internet to try & prove me wrong & maybe you'll learn something in the process.

  9. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    909
    Come on out to the site tomorrow and I'll show you 460 volts between L1 and L2, your meter or mine.

    Then what's on L3?

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Come on out to the site tomorrow and I'll show you 460 volts between L1 and L2, your meter or mine.

    Then what's on L3?
    L3 to what? L3 to nothing is nothing.

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    small island in the Pacific Ocean
    Posts
    558
    Wow! Time for a group hug. 120, 240, ... it all hurts like hell and can kill based on circumstance.

    Why do all threads get derailed into pissing matches.

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    I'm glad you found these diagrams. Take a close look at them & EXPLAIN to this dumb a$$ redneck how you can have 460v run through you and only be in contact with 1 or even 2 legs. If you're unfortunate enough to have all 3 legs hit you, then I agree. That's hard to do. Most of the time it's either between 2 legs or 1 leg & ground. Either one is not going to send 460 through you, it takes all 3. Keep digging through the internet to try & prove me wrong & maybe you'll learn something in the process.
    Did you read the diagram? How about the part where it says a to b= 480, or where it says b to c= 480 or maybe where it says a to c= 480.

    If you grab onto the l1 and l2 and the potential between them is 480, then you're going to send that voltage thru your cheast. Same thing if the transformer is 575, 460, 240, 24 or 5 volts.

    Whatever the voltage between the two is, thats what it is, wether you want to believe it or not.

    You're same guy who used up four pages trying to tell me 2 phase, 4 wire power does'nt exist are'nt you?

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaCool View Post
    Come on out to the site tomorrow and I'll show you 460 volts between L1 and L2, your meter or mine.
    Well then you can indeed get hit with 460 between two legs huh? Person, meter ......its all the same.
    ___________________________________________


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event