Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JB gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    You are right about the Mastercool digital. I saw the one they make for Mac Tools and it's right there with Fisher-Price.
    Seems like I heard Doug Lockhart say that. Be original.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeferman View Post
    Attachment 3289

Attachment 3290

These are shielded transducers in a DigiCool 1200 and are in all of the DigiCool digitals and the Yellow Jacket digital. They are stainless steel and do not get bothered by any electrical noise. The Testo digital uses a ceramic transducer that is sealed with a oring. I don't know if the leak problem that they have had is because of this or something else.
    Here is a pic of those testo transducers next to the Digi-Cool
    Guys had two of the J/B's at work both died and it didn't seem like the saturation temps lined up to the pressure when they did work.

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

You know , those photos would make for a really good topic instead of being buried in a 5 year old post , just saying.

But in response to the photos , ...it's no wonder the other brands end up
    " DEADED " , DEADED , and deaded , BUSTEDED !!!! I mean really , look at the difference ( CLOVER , LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE !!! ). This is sure to twist into some off the wall argument , but these photo's end the discussion for anything reasonable .

Haha, wow. You had to go way back to find this thread, lol.

Anyone got a pic of a fieldpiece transducer?

It looks a lot like the testo style from the top except it looks like a nut that holds it all together where the testo had a screwed down plate.
    Not sure what you can tell from pics but that J/B seemed like a joke for the price they were selling them at the time. Not funny if it is junk now I guess.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by wethead72 View Post
    I have not had any problems with my JB digital gauges, They are less expensive than other makes but work well, The temp. probes are excellent,
    they are a half moon type probe with a couple velcro straps.
    I like being able to toggle through my readings as I charge a unit and
    being able to see the sh and sc readings digitally displayed is helpful.
    one thing I dont like about them is they only give you three ports on the manifold with the smaller vac hose, otherwise not too bad for the buck.

wethead72....
    I have a set of those, Do Not leave them out in the rain!!!
    I work at a research institute , and left mine on a 30-RB Aqua snap and it rained that night.They would not turn back on. I e-mailed JB and they were really nice, They re-built them no charge, and they were well out of warranty. Other than that, I like them, but still use my analog gauges the most.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12