+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comfortech 07 St. Louis--"Approved Hotels"?

Post Likes

Comfortech 07 St. Louis--"Approved Hotels"?

So, for people staying in St. Louis for Comfortech '07 is there an "approved" hotel? In other words Where will the partyin be? It's close to a 2 hour drive for us so we'll be staying overnight. Cardinals are out of town that week or that could be an awesome party!

Post Likes
    The renisance is where one of the members/ speakers is staying. Waiting on info here as it is 2 hours the other way for me
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    I will be staying down South County, as we have an account with a hotel there, and I will just be driving into town for the show.

Post Likes
    Looks like the Renaissance is the place to be.

I'm just trying to figure out what someone like me needs to pay to have access to the show and nightlife. I am used to working these shows and have never attended one without my representing a company before. Lisa and I are talking about making the show and staying for the weekend but aren't sure about how the costs are going to work when I don't attend seminars and Lisa is not that interested in the products.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Hell Robo it will be fun. HVAC people cant help it
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    RoBo,

To get into the Show Display Floor is FREE if you are not attending any of the seminars. There are packages where you cna just get Social passes, and show passes, check the Comfortech Website.

I usually just go for the show, and sometimes end up working a little in our sister company booths, so my show entry is free.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacprodmgr View Post
    RoBo,

To get into the Show Display Floor is FREE if you are not attending any of the seminars. There are packages where you cna just get Social passes, and show passes, check the Comfortech Website.

I usually just go for the show, and sometimes end up working a little in our sister company booths, so my show entry is free.
    Thanks. I have worked so many of these types of shows for several different companies but have no idea what those not working them have to go through. I just pick up my distributor or speaker packets and go to work. I do however always enjoy walking the show and meeting with everyone at the nightly gatherings.

Lisa would probably enjoy walking the show...once . Then she would most likely tour the area while I stay at the show. She is always good with the social events though. She has become used to the fact that I seem to be working even when I am socializing. She knows better then to tell me to leave my work behind because I enjoy this stuff too much.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Hell Robo it will be fun. HVAC people cant help it
    You've met Lisa. She enjoys the company of HVAC people. She's strange
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Yes she is a great person. But to be fair she really is not strange in comparison....... Take care

Post Likes
    I for one would enjoy attending, Never been to any type of these conventions, cause I'm either on call or it's too far away for me to drive to. But in this case i'm maybe a 2-2.5 hr drive.
    Would sure like to meet some of the folks from this site! Anyway I'll have to wait to see what the "work" schedule is like.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by always learnin View Post
    I for one would enjoy attending, Never been to any type of these conventions, cause I'm either on call or it's too far away for me to drive to. But in this case i'm maybe a 2-2.5 hr drive.
    Would sure like to meet some of the folks from this site! Anyway I'll have to wait to see what the "work" schedule is like.
    Forget waiting for work schedule, call in sick. Putting faces and seeing characteristics of other members really makes a difference when you get back on line with folks you have had a chance to whoop it up with.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    If you stay downtown you will pay more.

There's a Redroof Inn right down 44 a few miles that maybe a little cheaper.

For some dining try the restaurant at the top of the millenium hotel. it revolves and gives you a nice view of the city. Another restaurant is Kemoll's at the top og the Met building. They have now started serving brunch on Sunday's. Both places are a little pricey but worth it.

If anyone has time check out The Landing, the Anheiser Busch tour(free beer at the end), and the St. Louis Zoo in Forest Park. It's free and is the best in the country.
    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by always learnin View Post
    Plus, I am pretty certain that all, if not most, of the moderating staff will be there, manning the HVAC-TALK booth.

Post Likes
    I work for a small mom/pop shop. Just me and boss doing service (mostly me ). We have an installer that fills in sometimes when we both need off. Him for fishing, me for car shows.
    Robo you'r right though it would be good to place names with faces! I will be paying more attention to getting there as the date approaches!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by arpa View Post
    Plus, I am pretty certain that all, if not most, of the moderating staff will be there, manning the HVAC-TALK booth.
    I'll be there if I don't have an OEM tech meeting that week. Hope to do it again.

Maybe you old guys can stay out and play this time.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    I'll be there if I don't have an OEM tech meeting that week. Hope to do it again.

Hmm, sounds like a dare.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post

Excuse me jr, there were a couple of us old guys hanging.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    You are correct, but there were a couple that kept disappearing around 7 or 8.

Post Likes
    Yep,

I admit that I was one, but, in my defense, I was just released from the hospital, and was on some serious pain killers...
    But, we shall see this year........

Post Likes
    Still waiting to see your buddies excuse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in