+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Switching CA brand

Post Likes

Switching CA brand

Well last night my second new UEI eagle x2 failed. The first would not come out of the purge cycle, now the second will not charge. The low battery came on but there was 89% left. Now maybe it was the wall charger but i opted for a different CA. I deciced on the testo 320. Hopefully i made a better choice.

Post Likes
    Wonder if it has something to do with leaving it in the truck with freezing temps. I never leave it in the truck. 3 years with my UEI and never had a problem (knock on wood).

Post Likes
    I bring it in every night and on cold days i keep it on the front seat out of the case.

Post Likes
    Your not supposed to leave them in the cold? I just sent my uei in because it stopped working. Now that u think about it, it was the first really cold day we had.

Post Likes
    The first stopped working in sept after two weeks. Now to be fair it could have been bad rechargeable batteries thant dam with the analyzer. In my mind it was no longer reliable. I have the 320 charging now and will try it out on my furnace tomorrow if i get a chance.

Post Likes
    Why buy a tool if you can not leave it in the truck? Especially if you use it all winter.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Post Likes
    I didn't say you couldn't, I just don't. Reasons-extreme cold/heat, or remove risk of theft.
    I take them in everyday--CA, and my case with my liquid filled gauges.
    I also don't use the rechargeables, the regular batteries work fine. Just my preference.
    Last edited by STEVEusaPA; 12-15-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: additional info.

Post Likes
    No combustion analyzer should be left in the cold, I don't care who makes it. The cold will freeze up the sensors, shortening their life. The pumps won't like the cold either.

The worst is the condensation damage that will occur (found out the freakin hard way) when that ice cold analyzer goes to a warm house, and then gets hot flue gases run through it.

So, it can be left in your truck during the day, assuming you move around every couple of hours to warm up the back of the truck. Otherwise, if your on a job all day, bring the analyzer in to the job. And every night bring it inside your home. That analyser is a major investment ($1000 to $2500) that needs to be taken care of, so it can take care of you. Tis the nature of the beast. No way around it.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

Post Likes
    So why hasn't anyone come up with a heated insulated case that could run off truck or solar power?
    Its cold where these things are mostly used no?

Post Likes
    Best solution - park my van in my heated building.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in