Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Charging Trane centra vac

Hi could anyone help explain how i'm to charge a RTHA255 Trane Centra vac Series R Chiller? p.s. it run on R22

Yes, I can explain it to you, but I shouldn't have to.

My reply might seem harsh, but this isn't the sort of question a pro would ask in a commercial HVAC forum.

-JB

If you need to ask you shouldnt be doing it.

Confused

That's an interesting question, indeed!

Its not a centra vac those are low pressure this is high pressure, maybe taking a trane class is a good start.

CentraVac

Quote Originally Posted by ru1313 View Post
    Its not a centra vac those are low pressure this is high pressure, maybe taking a trane class is a good start.
    Both Centrifugal & seriesR are named CentraVac

i always hated the series R chillers being named CenTraVac (Centrifugal Trane Vacuum). nobody seems to know why.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    i always hated the series R chillers being named CenTraVac (Centrifugal Trane Vacuum). nobody seems to know why.
    Thanks! You are the first guy told me CenTraVac (Centrifugal Trane Vacuum). I guess Series R using same control panel with centravac. Do you know why using Series R instead of screw.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwong View Post
    Thanks! You are the first guy told me CenTraVac (Centrifugal Trane Vacuum). I guess Series R using same control panel with centravac. Do you know why using Series R instead of screw.
    R for Rotary, helical rotary.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Quote Originally Posted by txhvac View Post
    R for Rotary, helical rotary.
    I got this story in 1991.

When Trane develop their screw compressor, DB screw chillers had so much bad jobs in US. People even don't want to hear screw compressor/chiller. Then, Trane used series R / helical rotary instead of screw.

Quote Originally Posted by greasy hands View Post
    Hi could anyone help explain how i'm to charge a RTHA255 Trane Centra vac Series R Chiller? p.s. it run on R22
    Do you have any literature on the equipment? Get RTHA-IOM-1A from the Trane website. You will find your answer in the manual. Why are you adding charge? Like the rest of the fellas, I'm concerned on why you are servicing equipment that you MAY not be skilled enough to work on. I think if I were you, I'd be discussing w/ the powers that be at your company,that they need to set aside some finances to send their mechanics to factory schools. An RTHA is not like a Voyager, there is a LARGE difference in compressor costs.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Trane Centra vac Series R Chiller?

Thanks to all of you for your comments

ouch!!! a little harsh on someone with two posts.how about a little bit of an answer so he can see its not so cut and dry. maybe he will come back .
    and before all those "dont want him to kill himself" replies come flying at me.
    i know, uh huh,
    greasy hands if you cant find the nameplate charge and weigh it in, and you acnt figure out superheat, subcooling etc. dont do it!!! and if you are not EPA certified dont do it.
    hope thats a start to make up your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast