Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dcx516 View Post
    i usually rub Montreal steak seasoning onto the meat. then i put the meat in a foodsaver vacuum bag with some cut up cherry tomatoes and toss in a shot glass of red wine and a shot glass of soy sauce. i seal the bag and toss it in the fridge over night. the steak tastes perfect every time
    I'm also a big fan of using the FoodSaver bags to marinate meat. The flavors are always better with the vacuum sealed bag than a standard Ziploc.

I freeze a lot of chicken in the marinade so that when I'm in a rush, I can grab the bag out of the freezer before I leave for work and it's thawed and ready to go on the grill when I get home.

Rub salt and pepper into the steak. Then coat the steak with butter, be generous. Then let the steak sit out in the ambient air for at least 30 minutes, this makes any steak better for some reason. Then throw it on the barbi. IT TASTES JUST LIKE AN OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE STEAK!!!

Susan's southern meat marinade. Best store bought marinade I've ever tasted, also great on pork or chicken.

none. Good steak by itself makes me smile.

I found this rub to be pretty good.

Perini Ranch Steak Rub
    From Texas Beef Council and Tom Perini

A texas-style steak rub worth committing to memory! Easy-to-find spices combine to add fantastic flavor to any steak, while helping to seal in the natural juices.
    Ingredients
    2 teaspoons corn starch or flour
    2 teaspoons salt
    5 tablespoons coarse-ground pepper
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    4 teaspoons garlic powder
    4 teaspoons onion powder
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon beef stock base (granulated)

Directions
    1. Mix all ingredients together.
    2. Either sprinkle or rub into meat before cooking.

Dan, that avatar does not even resemble you is that the new and improved Curtis ? Take care , jeff.
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Thumbs up Texas Flavor

Soak up the flavor. Texas style!

The right marinade enhances the steak's natural flavors and with the proper ingredients it can serve as a tenderizer. Marinades are a combination of basic liquids like wine, oil or vegetable juices and a blend of herbs and spices. But no matter what you throw in the mix, every marinade needs two ingredients: an acid and an emulsifier.

The acid ingredient can be anything from alcohol to citrus juice. This breaks down connective tissue and increases tenderness. The emulsifier is typically oil, used to carry seasonings deeper into the meat.

For simply adding flavor, marinate anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. For tenderization, it's a slightly bigger commitment. The beef must marinate for at least six hours.

For best results, rotate meat as it marinates and be sure to bring the steaks back to room temperature before placing them on the grill or they won't cook evenly. Allow 1/4 to 1/2 cup marinade for each 1 to 2 lbs of beef.

The original Texas marinade is Mesquite. That's why at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, our steaks are perfectly flame-grilled over fresh mesquite wood chips. So that every bite you take is infused with the bold flavors of this natural hardwood.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Exactly what Aircooled53 wrote.

I use olive oil, Beer(or Wine), Worchestershire, and spices; on steak. Limit the salt prior to cooking it dries the meat out.
    Sometimes I add honey and soy sauce instead of the Worchestershire on Chicken, and cover it most of the cooking time
    Pork: simular to the steak mix, but near the end of the cooking I add a little Barbeque sauce. Or belive it or not french dressing adds a great flavor also!

I never use anything with vineger in it unless its game cuts of meats.

Sometimes trial and error has played a role in my cooking. I've use orange juice, butter, and Sprite also.

O.k. here you can kill to birds with one stone.

O.k. in a large Tupperware bowl E.V.O.O,Montreal steak seasoning,Worcestershire, about half a head fresh garlic finely chopped, 1 red bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 onion of choice(we usually use Bermuda),some Porcini mushrooms,fresh ground pepper,pich of chili powder, and onion powder and some red or white wine vinegar. combine all ingredients with steak of choice we usually get top sirloin from our butcher thats slightly aged. Best if you can marinate over night.grill steaks to your liking and fry up vegetables in a separate pan. Works well as fajitas with accouterments or just a vegetable side to your steaks. Best in the west.

Umyeah

Oh by the by add a little more E.V.O.O to your vegetable pan.

Steak sauce is for bad steaks!!!!!

the best marinade I have found is Mix up some "Good Seasons Italian dressings mix as per instructions, then, add teryaki sauce in an equal amount. Marinade meat overnite in fridge, grill and baste with leftover as needed. yummmmmmm.

Have always put the steak in a meat loaf pan. put in worstshuer sauce, garlic salt, meat tenderizer, and pepper. Let it set in frig overnight, flipping it over whenever you happen to be getting something out of the fridg.

Throw on barbacue and use whats left in meatloaf pan to pour on it as it cooks.

Pretty plain but have done it that way over 30 years.

If Im feeling like I want a sauce with it after its done ......... put a couple drops of Dave's hot sauce in some BUBBA's steak sauce.

A good out of the bottle marinate is Stubbs from Austin Texas

South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    1 part Worcestershier
    1 part olive oil
    1 part balsamic
    1 part soya sauce
    1 part grainey mustard

for tough cuts of meat, add 3 parts Coca-Cola
    It's Time To Be Nice To People

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast