Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I once found a pinhole in my old 69 mustang in the liquid line . I was just a teenager and had little experience on how to fix it . Found a sheetrock screw , shoved that joker in there , topped it off , and I swear it never leaked again for a good 2 more years of cooling !

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I once found a pinhole in my old 69 mustang in the liquid line . I was just a teenager and had little experience on how to fix it . Found a sheetrock screw , shoved that joker in there , topped it off , and I swear it never leaked again for a good 2 more years of cooling !

yes that is an osha approved method

I've used my recovery machine to pump the refrigerant into another part of the system. IE, have pumped all the refrigerant into the Evaporator, fixed a high side leak, leak checked, evacuated. Then pumped the refrigerant back into the high side, with the recovery machine. Of course you have to have valves in the system to do this.

My company has a picture on the wall of a unit that exploded and killed a guy that was trying to weld under pressure. It was a three ton condensing unit. The unit looks like a stick of dynamite went off in it. They found sheet metal 200 yards away, along with pieces of the tech. His helper witnessed it all from about 50 feet away and was injured.

They say the oil was dispersed as a vapor in the refrigerant, then hit a stoichiometric mixture with the air and ignited just like gasoline vapor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123