Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid Freakin Bees

Why is it that bees love RTUs so much? I mean seriously, what is it? You go up in the roof and are minding your our business, then the third unit that you work on BAM! a bees nest the size of a bleedin' basketball. And of course the panel is still in your hands and you are sort of kneeling to get the screws out of the bottom. The only consolation as you run away as fast as you can shadowboxing, ducking kicking and jumping is the fact that you are on a roof and that no one can see you. You get stung on the hand and with the recent infusion of adrenalin you get brave and go to the truck to grab as much bee spray as possible. Crouching close to the unit to get a good shot you have a bee come close and like a moron you drop the bee spray and run away again. Now you are stuck. Taking your time you crouch and slither your way across the roof grab the can and spray. Oh yeah, that is the good stuff. 60 bees down in a matter of seconds.
    Sorry about that.
    My hand still hurts.

LOL, Too funny mech_head, only because i have been there.

That's why I use the "kick and run" method. I kick the thing first and run. Stand back to see if anything flies out. If not, I'm probably safe. I do the same with disconnects too.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Went thru a half can of hornet spray just this afternoon...instant kill my A$$!

Do you use the stuff that sends a solid stream? That kills 'em pretty quick eveytime I use it. When I manage to hit them...

Talking

Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but it comes in an orange can strong stream action from URI. Works good.

It's good that no one can see me on the roof when I,m fighting the bee's with my "Matrix" style seld defense.....

One of us will be seen on you tube and look like a complete idiot,guarnteed.
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Quote Originally Posted by mech_head View Post
    You go up in the roof and are minding your our business, then the third unit that you work on BAM! a bees nest the size of a bleedin' basketball.The only consolation as you run away as fast as you can shadowboxing, ducking kicking and jumping is the fact that you are on a roof and that no one can see you.
    LOL, thats funny!

i think you have the ability to write a funny but true book about the hazards of the hvac trade!

oh ya, spray adhesive works very well for bee's, is a little messy though!

i almost got stung one year.I saw the bees nest went out to my truck, got the bee spray, opened the panel up, took the top off and lo and behold the spray nozzle was missing. Ran like the wind.

Who says size matters: bee vs. human.

I thought bumble bees (big black with a yellow stripe) were nice and tame. No s, when you disturb a nest nearby. When they are feeding, they are apparently OK.

I hate yellow jackets. I especially hate yello jacket nests in the ground.

Wasps are tame compared to the above two species. Unless you manage to stumble across the huge nests like 2' x 1' diameter.

Liquid 22 will knock em down pretty effectively.

I mean when your purging your hoses, or when you run out of bee spray and are in a pinch...
    Work smarter not harder.

The best is when their on the wall, 20' off the ground behind the ladder your on
    and you have to go up. spray and climb down as fast as you can

Talking Wd-40

It's not just for rusty stuff.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

Quote Originally Posted by cw0682 View Post
    Liquid 22 will knock em down pretty effectively.

I mean when your purging your hoses, or when you run out of bee spray and are in a pinch...
    yeah but were not suposed to talk about that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast