Soldier denies Tillman berated him in battle

See James prior post

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Last edited by retired btc; 07-29-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

I hope you are not attempting to get through to the likes of tinknocker. People like tinknocker don't care one bit about truth, they just want to attack all that is American. I would not be in the least bit surprised if tinknocker was not a Muslim aggressor plant on this forum.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

There was some suggestion that Tillman may have been killed by someone or some who were jealous over his "celebrity" status and that he may have been exhorting his comrade to stop "sniveling" upon hearing his complaints.

Either way, I hope all of the facts come out or have been presented about his death.
    He certainly didn't see himself as a celebrity. He was just serving his country honorably.
    RIP Pat Tillman

Of course he's going to be denying a possible motive. Doesnt matter, somebody will get executive privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker44 View Post
    Of course he's going to be denying a possible motive. Doesnt matter, somebody will get executive privilege.
    Why so matter of fact? You think he was coerced into denial?
    Was it Bush that bribed him?
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070729/D8QM1Q380.html
    Go away and learn the meaning of Executive Privilige, idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker44 View Post
    Hmm so what your saying is that this young man laying right next to Tillman managed to group 3 rounds into his head from a prone position, contrary to what the Drs stated the rounds were fired from at least 10 yards away , Hmm maybe you should stick to Tour of Duty

While we are on the subject does Tour of Duty teach you about the meaning and use of the Chain of Command because if it did you would know that all Intel relating to the friendly fire incident is routed thru channels from those involved on the scene all the way to President, its already been proven many times over that the Intel recieved was flawed, starting from the troops invloved.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I hope you are not attempting to get through to the likes of tinknocker. People like tinknocker don't care one bit about truth, they just want to attack all that is American. I would not be in the least bit surprised if tinknocker was not a Muslim aggressor plant on this forum.
    LOl Oh no I agree with you on that point about Tinknocker, Its unrealistic to expect him to have any other comments other then negative about any subject raised here. its his contribution to society and this board.

Quote Originally Posted by retired btc View Post
    Hmm so what your saying is that this young man laying right next to Tillman managed to group 3 rounds into his head from a prone position, contrary to what the Drs stated the rounds were fired from at least 10 yards away , Hmm maybe you should stick to Tour of Duty

While we are on the subject does Tour of Duty teach you about the meaning and use of the Chain of Command because if it did you would know that all Intel relating to the friendly fire incident is routed thru channels from those involved on the scene all the way to President, its already been proven many times over that the Intel recieved was flawed, starting from the troops invloved.
    Well Said BTC!

personally, I'm questioning why a trained SF Soldier
    setoff a smoke grenade in the midst of a firefight giving away his position?
    especially with snipers operating in the area?!
    if snipers were in close proximity who in standard orders are to remain
    "undetected" why would any member of the fireteam do anything
    but maintain suppressed fire and break contact?!
    unless someone within the fireteam called for a strike or extraction
    could i understand this course of action, but i have heard no reports of the fireteam having been extracted in the AO.
    none of this makes any sense and clearly violates standard fireteam
    operating procedure!

and frankly, 3 shots in that manner is a tight group.
    marksmanship that is expected of snipers and uncommon with grunts
    ranger or not.