Filter Doors Blocked

(3) brand new Trane 15 ton rooftop units on brand new resturant. Filter access doors blocked by drains on all of them.
    Ice machine piping not correct. Beer tap fan wrong direction. Not someones best effort.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Nice oil trap in the ice machine lines!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

lmao last week same problem. i though you were work with me
    i had to remove screw from top so i can lift it and take panel off

What I have done in the past and will continue to do is when a system install only allows for PVC drain piping to be in the way of changing filters for either package or resdential units with say filter base, 5" media filter or package roof top access panels is to install unions in this areas.

This allows for the drain to be piped in front of any filter access but allows for easy access once the union is removed. Also gives you more option to clean drain lines proper with hand snake or compressed air. Simply unscrew the union or unions change filters, clear the drains etc... Then reinstall them.

A nice simple trick I have found over the years to help with this issiues. I have seen installers, service techs etc... Cut PVC out and install couplings some with many as 4-6 over the years. Unions offer a simple solution to be able to access filters and the system comportments inside.

Work smarter not harder! Just my 2 cents to hopefully help.

What the heck is that in front of the walkin evap fans?

We're allowed to drain onto the roof - where the rain and snow also goes. Why do you guys have to pipe it away?

Quote Originally Posted by stebs View Post
    What the heck is that in front of the walkin evap fans?
    The kegs are kept in a walk-in away from the bar. That blower feeds a small cold air duct that runs along with the beer lines. The other way of doing it is to run chilled glycol with the beer lines.

Quote Originally Posted by cjpwalker View Post
    We're allowed to drain onto the roof - where the rain and snow also goes. Why do you guys have to pipe it away?
    It is not a code
    in our area to have to pipe to the roof drain, but some owners like it that way. We did not do this install so I don't know who decided to do it this way. I think there was plenty of room to pipe the drains so that they would not keep you from accessing the filters. I sent these pictures to the facility manager, he is having the installing contractor address these issues.

I've seen this kind of thing so many times by now, I just shake my head...I used to get so pi$$ed, just to access a service panel takes 30 minutes, un-screwing a service disconnect while it's hot cause they screwed it right to the service panel...etc.etc.etc., yada, yada,yada, it really gets old...

Is this a joke?!?