Down to 2 systems.need suggestions

Trane XL14I......$XXXX Both heat pumps for North Florida. 3ton. Var speed. HC16 FILTER.
    Lennox xp15.....$XXXX

I've been told by a few different sources that in the XP series from Lennex Is a little better system than the Trane....Any help with which way you would go between the two?
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 07-25-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: removed pricing

puttin in the lennox filter, might as well put in the lennox unit...

have not seen that trane unit but have put in quite a few of the lennox units, they are nice and easy to service.

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    puttin in the lennox filter, might as well put in the lennox unit...

have not seen that trane unit but have put in quite a few of the lennox units, they are nice and easy to service.
    Thanks.....I like the xp15 lennox my self.....sorry for the prices up there. I forgot about the rules.

I got quotes for three of the higher priced systems myself before I chose the Trane XL15i with variable speed airhandler, cleaneffects filter and Trane XL800 t-stat. The diference in price from Carrier, Lennox and Trane really helped me decide Trane was the way to go, at least in my area. And, like is stated here many times over, choose a quality contractor who will do a quality install and stand behind his work, which is what I feel I did. My contractor included the Trane 10 year parts and labor warranty at no extra charge. I'm sure it's included some where in the equipment cost, but it's always nice to think you got something for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Thanks.....I like the xp15 lennox my self.....sorry for the prices up there. I forgot about the rules.
    Definately the quietest HP made. I have an XP15 and a G61MPV, Awesome set up!!!!!

Sorry I can't comment which is better, you live to close to me,
    Heard good things about the Lennox XP15 never installed one though.
    As most will tell you get the contractor you feel will serve you best.

Ask the contractor about humidity control with the variable speed fan coil, if you live in N. FL humidity is a big concern that is overlooked by many. My opinion, 2 stage compressors with variable speed air handlers are far superior in controlling humidity.

Which ever one you choose you will end up liking.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    What thermostat/control are you going to get to maximize dehumidification?

Very important to your indoor comfort ,here in steamy Florida,IMHO.

If you get a great one ,you'll notice the comfort of lower indoor humidity at higher indoor temperatures,in the mild spring and fall,more so then in the summer.

Why are you comparing a 15 SER to a 14 SEER, don't you want to consider the Trane XL15i?

You may want to look at warranites. The Trane system has 10 years on all parts including the Thermostat and air cleaner if installed as a system along with 2 years of labor.

As far as sound level, there really is not much difference between the two, a couple of DB.

A Trane XL14i can achieve a 15 SEER and 9.0 HSPF rating with the right air handler. Check it out HERE.