Mini-Split rushing noise. New Unit!

Mini-Split rushing noise. New Unit!

Hi all and thanks to the host for this site. A two month old Fujitsu General minisplit has just started developing an intermittent rushing noise from the air handler when the outside unit is running. The installer here in Nassau Bahamas says the outside unit needs to be replaced. I find that hard to believe. Is there any other direction I can suggest he might proceed before I fork out more dollars? Many thanks in advance. renault

Does the system still cool the areas?
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Hi and thanks yr reply. Yes it's still seems to be cooling.

thanks renault

Wink

Then it sounds like something else, if the noise is that bad have a different contractor look at it. Those things aren't cheap with regards to having someone else look at it.
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Thanks for your time makinmoney. I suggested a slow leak but my "technician" swore up and down that he checked for leaks. Any thoughts?

tks Renault

Quote Originally Posted by Renault View Post
    Hi all and thanks to the host for this site. A two month old Fujitsu General minisplit has just started developing an intermittent rushing noise from the air handler when the outside unit is running. The installer here in Nassau Bahamas says the outside unit needs to be replaced. I find that hard to believe. Is there any other direction I can suggest he might proceed before I fork out more dollars? Many thanks in advance. renault
    this machine should still be under warranty that if it needs to be replaced its up to the installing company. check your paperwork but this system is too new to be replaced unless its a defective unit .

Thanks acmeck13 but here I was trying to do the right thing by buying a unit using R410 instead of the ozone eater. You see here in the Bahamas there is no environmental conscience. They are still using R22. Anyone can walk into the hardware store and buy a can. A SEER 10 equivalent unit costs a fraction of the Fujitsu R410A unit.

The warranty doesn't work out of the US of A. There is no Fujitsu dealer here so I'm stuffed! Unless it's just a slow leak and my techy doesn't want to uncover the lines as he has to take all the siding off.

Anyway many thanks for your comments and suggestions. Renault

PS: It really makes me think hard about getting into HVAC myself just to see a job done right! How long does it take full time?

oops!
    Last edited by Renault; 07-25-2007 at 07:05 PM. Reason: double entry