+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot control boards

Post Likes

Home Depot control boards

Just seen that Home Depot now has a listing for Gas Furnace Control Boards.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded...3#.Upnxa9JDuSo

What will be next?
    If you can't do it right.....Don't do it!!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    LOL. That's higher then we mark them up to and they don't have to wait for days for it to arrive.

Post Likes
    Wow, that's news to me. I just did some digging and found that you can also buy complete furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners there. They sell Winchester and Century brands. Winchester appears to be made by York, while Century looks like it is a Rheem product.

Lowes also appears to be more than happy to sell you a furnace or a/c. They have the Winchester units.

Post Likes
    Yeah they have had furnace's at my store for awhile

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Wow, that's news to me. I just did some digging and found that you can also buy complete furnaces, heat pumps, and air conditioners there. They sell Winchester and Century brands. Winchester appears to be made by York, while Century looks like it is a Rheem product.

Lowes also appears to be more than happy to sell you a furnace or a/c. They have the Winchester units.
    In our area they only sell as an installed product. Work is subbed out.

Post Likes
    Parts are sold online only. If homeowners are going online to find parts they can buy just about everything.
    Just as well, after they get done parts swapping and STILL can't get it fixed they appreciate a pros knowledge.

Post Likes
    At my local HD, they have trane units on display but no price. Then if you walk down the air filter isle, they will have someone there ready to pounce with a sales pitch to install. Did some work for a neighbor when they red tagged for flex line into the furnace. Changed her air filter and while I was in air filter isle there was a guy right there. I just explained to him what I did that I was close to opening my own business and he was like "Oh... so you know what you are doing. Most people in this isle don't have any idea."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    In our area they only sell as an installed product. Work is subbed out.
    I see them on display, maybe its just installed here too, never payed much attention to it, i know thats how my lowes does it to.

Post Likes
    From what it looks like, these things are available for online order only. It looks like you put it in your online shopping cart and then you choose weather you want it shipped to your house or if you want to pick it up at the store a few days later. There is a disclaimer on their site that says "This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI", but for everywhere else it looks like they don't have a problem selling this stuff to anybody.

The Trane or Rheem units that you see in the store are a different deal. You can't buy those directly without installation.

Edit... I have heard of Alaska and Hawaii, but where the heck are the states of GU,PR and VI? I had to Google them to find out. Interesting.
    Last edited by ammoniadog; 11-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Post Likes
    and they are ridiculously overpriced as well

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wincheste...1-30/203502325

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltashmelta View Post
    and they are ridiculously overpriced as well

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wincheste...1-30/203502325

I guess! That's good though! Makes my price installed look a whole lot better.

Post Likes
    The weird thing is how you find them. If you search "A/C" all I get is window units. If you search "line set" that's how you find the condenser and evap.

Post Likes
    Also found oil nozzles, and igniters for furnaces on their website
    If you can't do it right.....Don't do it!!

Post Likes
    A couple weeks ago I was at Depot collecting some brass fittings for a gas leak rig. They are right across from the filters. I was accosted by a gal in a HD shmock that actually works for a local HVAC conglomorate that has purchased many local companies. She handed me a PM flyer and I read it with interest. I asked how exactly they "tuned" a furnace. She of course didn't know and said she wasn't a technician, but worked for so and so. She asked if I ever heard of them. I said sure...I knew of so and so's Dad who started that company; a well know local HVAC figure, not deceased. In fact, I said; I service all his children's and other relatives' equipment because they all came to us when the son took over and ultimately sold to the outfit you work for.

She beat a hasty retreat, and actually seemed to be a little annoyed with me.

Post Likes
    Ive seen HSIs at menards. 60$

Post Likes
    Eh.... its online only apparently....... and even if they stocked this stuff in store I still wouldnt be upset. Might even go there for parts as I hate heating and air conditioning supply houses and all the bull**** you have to fight thru to get your parts.... small talk... people who get their stuff and continue to hold up business by bull****ting with the counter guy....... Id much rather just be able to walk into some place like HD and pick it up and walk out.....

Anyhow... HD prosite... online...... you can order from anywhere online..... my grainger used to wouldnt sell to me unless it was under employee of companys account...... yet I can go online and order it....

I dont buy from Grainger though...... they are a ripoff..... but I do use McMaster Carr a lot for my needs...... they have anything....and if I order today I can usually have it here tomorrow afternoon or the day after at latest.....with regular shipping.

Dont worry about home depot....... they aint costing us no business...... probably helping making us some money when these slobs ef up their heating and cooling system and by the time they call one of us to fix it......the old lady has laid down the law to get it fixed at all costs.....lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Eh.... its online only apparently....... and even if they stocked this stuff in store I still wouldnt be upset. Might even go there for parts as I hate heating and air conditioning supply houses and all the bull**** you have to fight thru to get your parts.... small talk... people who get their stuff and continue to hold up business by bull****ting with the counter guy....... Id much rather just be able to walk into some place like HD and pick it up and walk out.....

Anyhow... HD prosite... online...... you can order from anywhere online..... my grainger used to wouldnt sell to me unless it was under employee of companys account...... yet I can go online and order it....

I dont buy from Grainger though...... they are a ripoff..... but I do use McMaster Carr a lot for my needs...... they have anything....and if I order today I can usually have it here tomorrow afternoon or the day after at latest.....with regular shipping.

Dont worry about home depot....... they aint costing us no business...... probably helping making us some money when these slobs ef up their heating and cooling system and by the time they call one of us to fix it......the old lady has laid down the law to get it fixed at all costs.....lol
    I use grainger only when i have too, but yes they are a ripoff with there prices. Anyone can walk in and open a cash acct with them, and not show any qualifications including that they are in a business. Last thing i checked was a lennox intermittent control, and the price was like $850. I was like yeah right

Post Likes
    everything else can be purchased by home owners why not hvac units and supplies

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    everything else can be purchased by home owners why not hvac units and supplies
    Its the last strong hold, it will then turn into plumbing (as long as your doing your own house you can run down the street and get anything you want.) The good thing is, HVAC is far to complicated, and experience needed to get it done right, working, and safe) Not to mention the thousands in special tools needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in