13 SEER condenser with 11 SEER coil?

Hello, My compressor needs to be replaced. I got a good deal on a new 13 seer condenser unit. Should I match w/ a 13 seer EVAP( current one is 11 seer) Also, would I need a new TXV as well? Thanks.

Indoor coils do not have SEER ratings. If your indoor coil was matched with a nominal 11 SEER outdoor unit, it should work ok with a new 13 SEER nominal outdoor unit as long as the metering device is compatible with the outdoor unit. You will not achieve 13 SEER and will not know what the efficiency or capacity of the mis-matched system will be, but it should be able to be made to work. (NOT IF IT IS A HEAT PUMP!)

Best way to go is to have complete new "system" installed instead of only replacing one part of a system. When you replace one part of a 10 year old system you still have a ten year old system with a new part.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thanks Robo...the system is only 7 yeras old ( A/C gets used a lot) I only plan on being here a couple more years. It is serviced regurarly so the rest is in great shape. Do you think I would need a new TXV w/ just the new condenser?

Quote Originally Posted by gpalasz View Post
    Thanks Robo...the system is only 7 yeras old ( A/C gets used a lot) I only plan on being here a couple more years. It is serviced regurarly so the rest is in great shape. Do you think I would need a new TXV w/ just the new condenser?
    Depends on the condensing unit and the installer as to what metering should be used. TXV is always a safer bet, but you may have to have start components installed in the new condensing unit if a TXV is installed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV