+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to clean this pilot

Post Likes

how to clean this pilot

Name:  20131128_103420.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  102.7 KBI have run into these pilots over the years but have not been able to figure out how to clean them. They act like the orifice is dirty

Post Likes
    I use something such as this:
    http://www.sensibleproducts.com/pilotpuffer.html

I had a similar pilot this week. I couldn't remove the pilot orifice to clean it with my acupuncture style needle so I use air pressure.

Post Likes
    Pull the pilot tube and hit it with a can of dust-off. If it's really stubborn, hold the dust-off upside down and give it a good shot of liquid - top, bottom, in the primary air holes, etc...

Post Likes
    Usually blowing it out works but once in a while it does not, maybe only one in 20-30. It just seems odd that PSE would have made a pilot assembly that was essentially "Unserviceable".

Post Likes
    I rarely see this pilot assembly in my area, but I usually disconnect the pilot line and blow out with my air tank. It doesn't work on systems that are near the ocean, that salt air corrodes everything!!!

Post Likes
    You can pull the clip out of the top hex, and lift off the upper assembly. Then you can get a clear shot into the orifice with a whisker and then I use some co2 from the bottom/pilot tube assembly up through the orifice...
    Living the dream !!

Post Likes
    Guys, no DIY advice here, please! We can assist them with the level of homeowner maintenance as expressed in the IOM manual but no further. The OP can register as a Pro if qualified and pose their questions in the Pro section for step by step instructions but not here, please.

Post Likes

so now that I have been given the secret "handshake"

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Guys, no DIY advice here, please! We can assist them with the level of homeowner maintenance as expressed in the IOM manual but no further. The OP can register as a Pro if qualified and pose their questions in the Pro section for step by step instructions but not here, please.
    Will anyone help me? I thought it would have been clear by my responses that I was not an armature.

Post Likes
    Whether you're an armature or an amateur, no DIY here. Read the Site Rules! If you're a Pro then you can post such requests in the Pro section where we can discuss details on how to service. This is a Public Forum. We don't want unqualified homeowners to read these posts then attempt service themselves where they could either get hurt or cause *bad things* to happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in