Std size filter handlers

Besides a Trane system. What other brand on the market uses standard size filters. I use the Ulta Alergen 3M filters from Lows/Home depot and want to be able to use them in my new system. I know Trane does. What other makes use them too. Thanks

If you really want a good filter have a honeywell media filter installed with your unit. It works alot better than what your using. The one your using may impede air flow. What worked on your current system may not work so well with your new system.

Quote Originally Posted by ematthews View Post
    Besides a Trane system. What other brand on the market uses standard size filters. I use the Ulta Alergen 3M filters from Lows/Home depot and want to be able to use them in my new system. I know Trane does. What other makes use them too. Thanks
    3M filters are notorious for restricting airflow. I hate to say it but asking for help in selecting the appropriate filter for you is the same as asking what equipment you should purchase. Every pro and every wannabe will have a different opinion. I'd recommend a good internet search for a product that meets or exceeds the MIRV rating you're seeking while keeping the airflow restriction low. Oncel you've settled on the filter or filters you'd like, then you can begin to shop for what is readily available in your area. I'd steer clear of the big boxes however. I've yet to see them stock anything that approaches what a true professional would recommend.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Wow...I thought these were good. Any recomendations for a monthly filter replacement style? Or if I go to a airbear/trane clean effects style filter.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Lennox has the best filter racks in their air handlers, although it is best to have an external filter system installed a little distance from the back of the coil to create better flow through the filter media. Lennox offers up to Merv 16 filters in their IAQ line.

I no longer install electronic air cleaners due to the ozone concerns.