No 24v to outside unit contactor coil

This morning I work up to find my thermostat was not being powered. I found that my drain pain was full and the float switch was activated breaking the circuit. Took Thermostat off, and found no 24v on any wire.

I drained the pain and found 24v to the red wire. My thermstat wiring is as follows:

G -Green
    C - Blue (common?)
    R - Red 24v
    W1- not used
    Y - Yellow
    L - not used
    W2 and E - White
    B - not used
    O - Orange

I now have 24v on the red wire on the outside unit. But 2 CC contacts coming out of outside control board does not supply 24v to the contactor coil. I bypassed the coil to just get the AC running, but seems to blow hot air and I turned it back off. 5A fuse in blower (attic) is good and wires appear to be good as well.

Any Ideas? Thermostat is powered again and seems the heat cycle with kick on but AC cycle will not from the thermostat.

Thanks

Call for service?

Sorry, no DIY at this site.
    Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun.

what brand is your ac.
    is it a lennox

just a guess but could be low on charge and cut out on low pressure. water in drain pan from unit freezing up.

best bet is to call an ac company to service your ac.

should have left it alone, units dont fill with water for no reason so go hit the yellow pages. If your car wont start do you pull the computer out and mess with the wires? Hope you get my point.

good luck,

matt

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie2dafield View Post
    what brand is your ac.
    is it a lennox
    what? It could be A.S., trane, carrier, york, rheem, ruud, armstrong, coleman, frigidare, nordyne, tapon, bryant, day and night, payne, tempstar, ICP, comfrotmaker, heil, arco-air or any other brand, he messed with it and no DIY here, he prob needs a transformer and control board now in addition to a coil cleaning, filter, possible freon leak, bad blower etc..

call for service and post back the results

matt

we also can rule out rheem, ruud and goettle since B is not used on the t-stat!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mstrav View Post
    what? It could be A.S., trane, carrier, york, rheem, ruud, armstrong, coleman, frigidare, nordyne, tapon, bryant, day and night, payne, tempstar, ICP, comfrotmaker, heil, arco-air or any other brand, he messed with it and no DIY here, he prob needs a transformer and control board now in addition to a coil cleaning, filter, possible freon leak, bad blower etc..

call for service and post back the results

matt
    If hes getting 24 v I don't think he needs a transformer but what do I know I'm not a tech but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

If hes getting 24 v I don't think he needs a transformer but what do I know I'm not a tech but I did stay at a holiday in last night.

very good little daniel son, very good, but you missed the point, no diy and he shouldnt be poping the t-stat of the wall and using his $12 meter from radio shack to mess with stuff, and yes his tranformer is fried, I can see it from my house!!!

matt

tsk, tsk, tsk, don't touch!!!...when will they learn?.....never

If hes getting 24 v I don't think he needs a transformer but what do I know I'm not a tech but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.
    Doesn't count.......needs to be a Holiday Inn EXPRESS.........