Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier 39 series A/H

I have two Carrier 39 series A/H that need shafts and blower wheels . last week upon replaced bearings we noticed this.

Carrier says these are custom units and there should be a 17 digit number to see if any of the parts are still available.

Problem is the paint shop painted these with a real nice thick white paint and there's no markings of any kind anywhere. today we had several people looking for these identification marks and we all came up with zip.

Can anyone who has knowledge of these old units give us a location of the 17 digit # so we can try to remove a spot of paint to retrieve these numbers?

Thanks

How old are we talking?
    There should be a tag on the fan sled.

45 years young

They used a thick epoxy paint after a fire that was on that floor after the insurance restoration company crews cleaned all the surfaces.

The large Carrier oval emblem you can't tell it's there and next to the motors is a metal tag about 4"x5" for lubrication instructions that you can't see.

Go with generic parts. That's what Carrier will do if you order from them. But they get you with the mark-up.

There should be a small metal tag riveted to the fan section, may be under the belt/ sheave cover, that has the number you need. The numbers were punched into the tag so if you sand the paint off gently, they should still be there.

If there is any other carrier equipment on the job of the same vintage, the archives in syracuse may still have the original sales order. It takes a few days to get, but it will have all the original specs.

Lightbulb Carrier 39 Series

Cyro,

Post whatever #'s you have, I'll see what info is still available.

The Unit Tag, even if painted over, would be unmistakable. How is it that you know it is a Series 39 Unit?

You'll need at least the next 1 letter or 2 letters in the Model or Series #, such as 39A, 39B, 39AB, 39R, 39T, 39W, etc. plus the actual tonnage capacity of the system.
    Last edited by heatmon; 07-21-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Adding additional info

I have found one metal tag out of 4 units

The tag has M/N 39P9 909
    S/N 230005A
    Carrier Corporation
    Syracuse,N.Y.

I called Carrier in Syracuse and they said call parts, I call parts they said call commercial, I call commercial they say call parts.

I then asked for a rep and she took all the metal tag info and said they she will get back to me. In two days she called back and said the M/N and S/N are not Carriers. I told her It has Carriers name and address on the tag and sent her a photo. She has not called back in 2 weeks?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fan wheel

Try to replace the fan with others brand. The performance should be similar with same wheel diameter and blade type.

Cyro,

Email me the photo and any other information you may have. At 45 years old that is going to be either a 39B, 39C series unit. We still make and sell a lot of the needed parts to replace on those older units.

I just happen to be going there tomorrow, have guys replacing all the torn flex joints so I will take pics. Thanks

I'm with JUST OPINION. Measure up al the comonents you need. A local machine shop can make the shaft. You can get the bearings from a local bearing house, or even Grainger or Mc Master Carr. The wheels from any of the fan manufacturers. You can find them on the internet. Like J.O. says, that's where the O.E.M.'s get the parts from anyway. Heck, we've ordered WARRANTY parts from O.E.M.'s and got the wrong ones, so you can't even count on that.
    "Wheel" mechanics work on "Wheel" chillers

Quote Originally Posted by referteacher View Post
    I'm with JUST OPINION. Measure up al the comonents you need. A local machine shop can make the shaft. You can get the bearings from a local bearing house, or even Grainger or Mc Master Carr. The wheels from any of the fan manufacturers. You can find them on the internet. Like J.O. says, that's where the O.E.M.'s get the parts from anyway. Heck, we've ordered WARRANTY parts from O.E.M.'s and got the wrong ones, so you can't even count on that.

Pull the blower and shaft bearings etc out. Look at the numbers on theindividual parts. Measure the blower wheel width and length, blade direction etc. Take the parts to the local supply house, If they are any good they will be able to match everything....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast