Thread: Going to school

Going to school

I'm currently going to brandford hall for hvac/r. I'm wondering if it's worth it or if I should get a job,or finish then try to get in a union apprenticeship?

FINISH THE SCHOOL PROGRAM . How long of a program is it ? Back in 85 i went to uti in phoenix for 9 months which got me stated working . I probally could have skipped the school but i would probally still be crawling under houses running duct .

It's 10 months long I get my universal EPA, and a certificate stating I graduated from here. What field should I get involved in after school!!

Quote Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
    FINISH THE SCHOOL PROGRAM . How long of a program is it ? Back in 85 i went to uti in phoenix for 9 months which got me stated working . I probally could have skipped the school but i would probally still be crawling under houses running duct .
    I may be weird but I enjoy crawling under houses running ductwork. Not to toot my own horn but I've been offered a few lead tech/service manager positions but I like doing what I do which is service, install, commercial, residential, industrial or whatever it happens to be any given day. I did go to a 2yr tech school and got my associates in HVAC. To the OP yes finish school.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I may be weird but I enjoy crawling under houses running ductwork. Not to toot my own horn but I've been offered a few lead tech/service manager positions but I like doing what I do which is service, install, commercial, residential, industrial or whatever it happens to be any given day. I did go to a 2yr tech school and got my associates in HVAC. To the OP yes finish school.
    I used to do a lot of residential type work back in the 90's and always enjoyed it . Since 98 i have been working for a small school district so very little crawling involved . Best thing about schooling is it gives you choices .

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81 View Post
    It's 10 months long I get my universal EPA, and a certificate stating I graduated from here. What field should I get involved in after school!!
    Take anything you can get and your figure it out as you go . If i had to do it all over again i would go into building controls side .