Fulton Boiler PHW-750 Actuator Linkage Set up

Hi All, I was just at a job with two Pulse boilers. This was my first exposure to Fulton units. One had a bad drafter motor, the other one has issues.
    The second one locks out on every start. Eventually it will fire after multiple resets. After purge, the ignition energizes, a pause, the gas blocking valves just start to open, then it drops out and goes into purge.
    I put a manometer on the last elbow and it reached 5" WC just as purge restarted.
    I replaced the spark plug which was in terrible condition. Looked warped. That didn't help at all.
    I noticed the exhaust grill outside is discolored as if it's burning hot or too rich.
    Another tech had been there a week ago, I thought he said he adjusted the air flapper further closed.
    I also noticed someone gas changed the settings of the actuator linkages.
    I think I need to go through the entire unit starting with the linkage.
    Anyone have info on how the linkage is set from factory?
    Any other tips would be appreciated.
    Has anyone been to Fulton training? What does it cover, how many days is it, how often is it offered? How much does it cost? Is it worth it?
    I live in Syracuse, so it isn't a long trip.

Hello ratzo79,

I apologize for the delay in response; we previously did not have the appropriate permissions to post or reply in the AOP forums.

Hopefully your issues have been resolved already, but I'll provide some information for anyone else who may encounter a similar problem.

When a Fulton Pulse boiler goes into the ignition position to light, the gas butterfly and exhaust butterfly should be in the full open position. The factory test fire sheet should be referenced to indicate where the air flapper was set from the factory. A combustion analyzer will need to be used to set up the oxygen, CO2 and CO levels. Please refer to your local Fulton representative for test fire reports or to schedule a troubleshooting visit.

Our service school training involves classroom and hands on training on the operation and troubleshooting of Fulton products. Duration and cost of attendance depends on which class you attend. Please contact your local Fulton representative for upcoming dates and current registration fees.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.