Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbo core?

Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Nice DDG

Smooth riding ship.

Quote Originally Posted by navair86 View Post
    Smooth riding ship.
    That's my boys ship. Just got back from deployment.

what #? I served on 53 did shock testing for class while onboard.She was built in Bath. Maine.Let your son know we do appreciate his sacrafice cheers!!!! Random hero our guy Gary went to start those guys up and he provided some training to someone in your shop.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrlvalchiller View Post
    what #? I served on 53 did shock testing for class while onboard.She was built in Bath. Maine.Let your son know we do appreciate his sacrafice cheers!!!! Random hero our guy Gary went to start those guys up and he provided some training to someone in your shop.
    He's on 53. Uss John Paul Jones. As I understand they will be doing some extensive work to the ship that involves dry dock. They got back to SD in May. I got the opportunity to do a tiger cruse last year and tried to do another this year but they had to cancel at the last minute.

yea it was briaN I think. It was tustin mechanical right? i wanted to be there but my boss said it wasnt worth it for him to send me there. oh well there is always the future. i still wanna learn as much as i can and maybe surprise my boss. that always looks good when your review is commin up lol.

by the way thanks for the website, i actually printed out some info and made a small binder, anything will help.

Superman,What a small world your son is serving on the JPJ I was part of precom crew in A-gang.thus #53 Which is hull #DDG53 I know shes changed since I was onboard the went through retrofit and now have co-ed crew when I was on board all male crew. She's a great ship tested and proven.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    http://www.turbocor.com/products_technology/energy.html
    You can get your answers here.
    bbdb what do you mean by cooling orifice? They have electronic expansion valves. We have installed several Thermalcare chillers with Turbocor compressors and had very few problems. One of the installs which we are adding another 180 ton unit to this month, we have not had a single warranty issue. We do have an air cooled unit that we installed and did have cold start issues in the beginning which have since been resolved.
    Hvac_superman if you don't mine i would like to ask you about your low ambient issues with the remote application and what you did to resolve this.My email is in my profile thanks.The cooling orifice is before the cooling solenoids on the compressor.

Navair 86 , I have sold and installed 3 McQuay WMC chillers in barracks at Parris Island in the last 6 months. I heard that they are getting an aircooled Smardt chiller, what bldg is it going on? If you do not mind me asking, who do you work for? I am with Carolina Chillers in Charleston, SC. The WMC is a very good machine, we have had very few problems with the one's that we installed.

I reside in canada do you know if the chiller is a package unit or a remote condensor there are some different issues depending on which one you get. We have a remote application with about 30 ft. of pipe and 2 compressors teed together same circuit 180 tons. Can't get into all the issue's on this forum. Oh and don't worry it won't be us bidding on that job but we have a few smardt chillers already running on towers and a couple of DX units also one a tower and one with remote condensor.

to all...

we as a technical group need to start getting into these issues... this is the only way the technology is going to advance...
    otherwise all of us are going to pay the price... they cant do the field testing at the factory level and unless we collectivly tell them what works the QC at the factory wont catch it...

i am willing to lay it out... lets get it started...

Quote Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
    Hvac_superman if you don't mine i would like to ask you about your low ambient issues with the remote application and what you did to resolve this.My email is in my profile thanks.The cooling orifice is before the cooling solenoids on the compressor.
    We had issues with the condenser fan cycling, amount of refrigerant, lack of liquid line solenoids and added better check valves to discharge line. They also had to modify their program.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast