Baxter ov21og-m2b temp problem

I am working on a Baxter 0v210g-m2b oven and the actual temp is about 100 degrees off of what the digital display says. Is this just a bad temp sensor? are there any other problems that will cause this?

Could be a bad temp probe, faulty wiring, a sticking gas valve, a flame circuit control issue or a faulty control board. The only recommendation I can offer is to call someone to diagnose the problem and repair it. Too many variables.

"You never know what others don't know."

Im sure you did this but first set oven to 350 and wait a good 30 minutes to be fully hot . Attach your probe from your meter on the rack preferably in the middle . Once oven is no longer calling for heat you should be plus/minus within 20 degrees of display . This also can be adjusted within the parameter settings . If your out a 100 degrees , check probe for buildup of stuff on it . If still out its most likely and cheap to replace your probe . Make sure your gas pressure is correct as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ericu711 View Post
    I am working on a Baxter 0v210g-m2b oven and the actual temp is about 100 degrees off of what the digital display says. Is this just a bad temp sensor? are there any other problems that will cause this?
    Check the rotation of the main blower motor. (on top of the oven, back left corner)

On the back side of the control door, remove the cover over the control panel. There is a small hole in the center where you can calibrate it but 100 degrees, theres something else wrong. The sensor most likely.