Thread: Summit Coils

Summit Coils

Hello everyone. Need some help with a model number on a Summit Coil. The model # is CA2N58-MF the coil is approx. 10 yrs. old. Does anyone know what size coil this is? Also, is there a TXV in this or a piston. Thanks in advance guys....

Dave in NJ

Are you sure about that number? I can't decode it.

http://www.summitmfg.us/images/pdf/S...menclature.pdf

Might want to give them a call. They are in Texas -- Central Time Zone.

1-800-944-6354
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I saw one of these branded coils once on a unit that had hot water reheat instaed of electric heat strips. The brand of the AHU was suntherm but it was kinda of a dated design. The one I saw had a piston/ fixed metering setup.I'm not to sure on decoding that coil # but I would think it's in the 5 ton range.

I hope this helps.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

VETO PRO PAC - The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Sounds like an old coil. The current Summit line is labelled CA024A862, which is approximately 2-tons, depending on the condenser it's attached to. So as a reasonable guess, I'd think it's a 2-ton, old unit.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

I dont want to make the mistake of guessing its a 5 ton coil just because it has a 58 in the model number. Its matched up to an Air Pro condenser, and the model number is too faded to read. I took the numbers off the compressor and plugged them into this cool website (www.bristolcompressors.com/ProdCrossRef.aspx) if anyone is interested. and it comes back with a ARI rating of 37,899 btu. Thats why I am alittle hesitant about assuming its a 5 ton coil. I think I will take jrbenny's advice and call Summit in the morning. Thanks again,

Dave in NJ

Quote Originally Posted by smadave View Post
    I dont want to make the mistake of guessing its a 5 ton coil just because it has a 58 in the model number. Its matched up to an Air Pro condenser, and the model number is too faded to read. I took the numbers off the compressor and plugged them into this cool website (www.bristolcompressors.com/ProdCrossRef.aspx) if anyone is interested. and it comes back with a ARI rating of 37,899 btu. Thats why I am alittle hesitant about assuming its a 5 ton coil. I think I will take jrbenny's advice and call Summit in the morning. Thanks again,

Dave in NJ
    yeah it was a shot in the dark but it was just a guess. I would be more inclined to think the same as you. I didn't know that summit was still around. call them but I would doublecheck the numbers you got off of the coil to make sure you read them right. good luck

The HVAC-Talk Educational Forums is the best place on the net for your HVAC/R info!!!

I called summit today...they dont know either! Go Figure...

Dave in NJ

Dave in NJ
    Reason number 5,092 that we quit selling their products.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Dave in NJ
    Sounds like a good time to sell the customer some new equip.