What are the components of HVAC?

Hi All

What are the components of HVAC?

heating, ventilating and cooling
    Total Energy Management, inc

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone please let me know more about it, as to how it functions, the process, what size of HVAC system should I have at home. Should I use a system with more capacity and how about the sizing capacities of heating and cooling system measured.

call multiple contractors. they should do a heat load to tell you system size and options. don't go with the lowest bidder just because he is cheaper.

Generally speaking, a HVAC system will have components such as a furnace and air conditioner, that will have the ability to heat or cool a building in order to maintain comfortable indoor conditions, even when it is uncomfortable outside. If you want more information, go to Google and type in questions such as "how does an air conditioner work" or something like that.

An oversized system is usually not recommended (except for by un-honest or lazy contractors who just want to make more money). Too much capacity will cause too much short cycling, which is not as efficient, is hard on the equipment, provides less humidity removal in the summer, and is not as comfortable. A good contractor should be called out to do a proper load calculation on your home to figure out what size components you need. They should be doing things such as measuring the square footage of your home, figuring out the size and number of windows and and figuring out how much insulation you have in your walls and attic. This information will help them come up with the correct equipment sizing that you need.

Do you know what type of heating or cooling system you have now?

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdaniel View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can anyone please let me know more about it, as to how it functions, the process, what size of HVAC system should I have at home. Should I use a system with more capacity and how about the sizing capacities of heating and cooling system measured.
    these questions would be better answered by your contractor. we can size your system from here. if you are asking about over sizing (more capacity?) no you don't want that. a contractor can explain all this and size and design your new system. or are you doing this yourself?

post model numbers of what you have now.
    from both condensing unit outside
    & heating system inside.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato