Refrigeration Operator Class B

Hey guys, does anyone know anything about this certification in Ontario? According to the tssa website a person can write this test with very little experience and be licensed to do pretty much what a refrigeration/AC mechanic can after a 5 year apprenticeship. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

Do the guys from Ontario have any insight on this? I am really curious.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy21 View Post
    Do the guys from Ontario have any insight on this? I am really curious.

thanks
    It takes a while for the posts to make it that far north so be patient...........

Thanks market; I keep forgetting the isolation we live in up here in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy21 View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know anything about this certification in Ontario? According to the tssa website a person can write this test with very little experience and be licensed to do pretty much what a refrigeration/AC mechanic can after a 5 year apprenticeship. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

you missunderstand completly.

this is an operaters liscence geared for a plant operator on a site
    not for being able to do installs trouble shooting maint in the feild on multiple sites.

I can assure you if you take this course and pass - then go into the field stating you are liscenced - you will fail and I mean fail badly.

there is no substute for a 5 yr apprentiship and the training that goes along with it - there's no short cut

I would call it a good pre apprenticeship course to take

http://www.tssa.org/regulated/operat...tificate05.asp
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Thanks for the reply Penguin. I have seen a few job postings on workopolis lately that have this listed as a qualification instead of the CofQ Refrigeration/AC Mechanic. I would hate to think that the licence I will have at the end of my apprenticeship will be comparable to this cert anyone can get anytime with a little studying. I was under the impression that Refrigeration was a mandatory trade, that only people with the licence were able to work with the equipment, regardless of the range of sites and equipment.

you are on the right path to a great well paying career - go union if you are not already when you get the chance - I hear they are pulling close to 1/2 buck hr if you get my drift! will nail 6 numbers soon /yr easily
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

1/2 buck an hour? Do you mean $50/hr? I have never heard of wages that high in this trade. 6 figures a year would be nice. So would 50 grand a year while taking half the year off

Hi Everyone, I work for a food manufacturing company in Ontario. I'm searching for a millwright or electrician with a REFRIGERATION OPERATOR CLASS B ticket as well. Our wages are very competitive and we're a growing company with great perks. Feel free to reach out if you're interested. 519.937.2002 - Office

yes you can check This link - http://www.ierfeducation.org