Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Set cycle rate under "cr" in configuration mode and set it from factory fast to slow "sl" do this for H C & AU, stat will become highly accurate and leave it to "0" degree offset for temperature variance. Also if "V" is not wired your mod heater will just be a normal 2 stage unit. V is the DC volts pulse wave modulation signal from 1.2vdc to 10vdc that completes gas valve modulation. There is a boat load more but you need to be a pro, not DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM1000 View Post
    Set cycle rate under "cr" in configuration mode and set it from factory fast to slow "sl" do this for H C & AU, stat will become highly accurate and leave it to "0" degree offset for temperature variance. Also if "V" is not wired your mod heater will just be a normal 2 stage unit. V is the DC volts pulse wave modulation signal from 1.2vdc to 10vdc that completes gas valve modulation. There is a boat load more but you need to be a pro, not DIY.
    It is set on slow. FYI the pro installer along with the distributors rep have been here looking at this, they along with many others who are having this problem don't know.
    This new info may bring people to look in a new direction and hopefully get it resolved. Seems pretty obvious to me now it's a t-stat design issue though.
    Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by 2heat View Post
    Come on Rheem step up to the plate with some answers. Other that small problem, the furnace is wonderful.
    I have one in my house and I have a 2 degree offset (phsycological reasons for my wifes sake ) The furnace modulates just fine. I would look for some other configuration problem or wiring issue.

That said, the earliest of those WR stats did have an issue with that but that was resolved. If the stat is not functioning correctly and is properly configured and wired, then take advantage of the warranty.

The comment regarding the backlight and power are interesting. I may have to test that.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    I have one in my house and I have a 2 degree offset (phsycological reasons for my wifes sake ) The furnace modulates just fine. I would look for some other configuration problem or wiring issue.

That said, the earliest of those WR stats did have an issue with that but that was resolved. If the stat is not functioning correctly and is properly configured and wired, then take advantage of the warranty.

The comment regarding the backlight and power are interesting. I may have to test that.
    Check it out, I had to try it 3 times to convince myself, just turn the furnace off and in 10 minutes it will be 2 deg higher. No question mine does not modulate with the 2 deg offset, after a year I finally get to see what it's like when it does, it's cool. Your right about the phsycolgical aspect, I could just set it at 68 when I want it 70 but my wife would be FREEZING if she saw 68 on the display!
    I will be calling my installer shortly but am not overly optomistic that a new t-stat is going to change anything unless there was a problem that was addressed. Worth a try though.

no, there was a problem with an offset and modulating. It was addressed and has been resolved. The on or off thing was not, as near as I can tell.

I just turned my furnace off, will check it in 10 minutes....

Mine went from 71 to 73...

Now if I just took the time to put a thermometer there.

I have a Rheem modulating furnace (and A/C) going to be installed in about two weeks. You all are making me nervous. Sounds like I may need to brush up on my algebra and trig to work the thing.

No, dont be nervous. Once the stat is on the wall and the power is on, you can set the stat where you want and can use the offset just fine if you need to. It does work. This little quirk is not something you would see because you dont power your system off normally and once you power it back, it returns to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinciwinters View Post
    I have a Rheem modulating furnace (and A/C) going to be installed in about two weeks. You all are making me nervous. Sounds like I may need to brush up on my algebra and trig to work the thing.
    Don't be. If I had to live with setting it down 2 deg. I would. It's an awesome setup. Our house has never been so comfy winter or summer. I don't think I will have to set it back though. Doc says there was a problem with the offset funtion and if that is fixed there is no issue. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't seem so warm and have another digital thermometer in the room to confirm that.
    After speaking with my installer today he asked me call his distributor to explain directly. They had not heard of this before and are contacting thier next level up and I think will get it resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by stvc View Post
    Don't be. If I had to live with setting it down 2 deg. I would. It's an awesome setup. Our house has never been so comfy winter or summer. I don't think I will have to set it back though. Doc says there was a problem with the offset funtion and if that is fixed there is no issue. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't seem so warm and have another digital thermometer in the room to confirm that.
    After speaking with my installer today he asked me call his distributor to explain directly. They had not heard of this before and are contacting thier next level up and I think will get it resolved.
    STVC, I'm curious what unit model (SEER/Stages) you have on the AC side?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinciwinters View Post
    STVC, I'm curious what unit model (SEER/Stages) you have on the AC side?
    I went with the RAND series 13 seer single stage. Our cooling season in so. NH is real short, 8- 12 weeks or so, on and off, so the added cost to go higher did not seem justified. That was confirmed when I looked at my electric bill and discovered I used alot less electricity leaving my t-stat set at 74 all the time instead of using window units just when it got uncomfortable.

what does changing cycle rate from fast to slow change?
    fast rate .6F slow rate 1.2F

i not sure what this exactly means

It will turn the system on when it is .6 or 1.2 deg away from setpoint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast