Split geo inverter tech?

Does anybody know if there is any manufacturer that make uses inverter technology on split geo systems?

From what I've heard, Trane is coming out with one very soon. Possibly by the end of the year.

I will get in touch with my Trane FSR and report back.

We are a American Standard dealer and no luck. I was told July next year. That's why I was hoping someone else would have some alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    From what I've heard, Trane is coming out with one very soon. Possibly by the end of the year.

I will get in touch with my Trane FSR and report back.
    It is made by WaterFurnace so Trane won't have it until after WF has it released. I have heard that it is in development but it has no release date for a split invertor. Right now for geo inverter all you have is the WaterFurnace 7 series or the rebadged Trane etc. of it.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Yes hydro-temp who has the highest closed-loop rating on their inverter series in two 2.5

. Also 4 and 5 actual compressor tons inside the box

And full series flow refrigeration for 100 percent on demand instant hot water priority while in an air conditioning mode with oversized heat exchanger
    you must watch loop sizing tu mer2 near 200 feet per TON in 50 degree good soil

Hydro-Temp.com

Arkansas hydro-temp inverter splits since March

According to trane hey have their own inverter compressor now according to OEM.
    Last edited by GT1980; 11-28-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: sp smt ph. haj

Quote Originally Posted by GT1980 View Post
    According to trane hey have their own inverter compressor now according to OEM.
    Yes Trane has an air source inverter but not a ground source. The ground source is made by Waterfurnace.

Is there that much of a difference on the loop length? Why it that?

Quote Originally Posted by qwest1 View Post
    It takes about a 5% longer loop which is really nothing.

VFD GeoThermal and loops to OEM heat pump

Quote Originally Posted by qwest1 View Post
    Again a little more depends on the VFD vs 2 spd and 3 speed comparatives (I believe) vs any RATINGS

look at the various heat of absorption and if it is within the HOUSE-SIZED loop there may be no difference at all because the loop was not sized for the unit, but the load it is in application with whether unit is of 85% or 95% of avg peak loading of the 100% loop sized to near or at peaks.

One OEM having always stating a ton is a ton of compressor inside, has the same rated ETL labs-EnergyStar(tm) compliance by the same again in VFD: the 32k compressor is called a 2.1/2 ton in and outside the box; the 4 ton a 49k compressor ; the 5ton a 62k compressor.

Because of all the newer 2014 upgraded standards to ending up with oversized (compared to the late 1990's) heat exchangers - one may want to compare newer heats-of-absorption, to the loaded loop design larger than the unit named-tons.

Various conditions of the heat dominant structure, and its hot water requirements if On-Demand, too, may still be the same sized loop. If the system IS near 100% or over the structure loading at peak averages, then some larger loop may be effective as well as accounting for longer continuous runs in lower staging, as was found with dual compressors at three staging-speeds operation never completely cycling off once loaded past first stage. (It is) Just in regards to situational reviews of the net load to equipment absorption and HW absorbing heat continually while not in cooling.
    Last edited by GT1980; 12-04-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: info
    ... however, much work still needs to be done.
    CLOSED LOOP newer ratings are listed, but in numerical EER's Closed- is posted below OPEN LOOP EER's:

http://www.energystar.gov/productfin...r=0&lastpage=1

http://salesportal.daikinapplied.com...ntro_Flyer.pdf

This is available now. 3 or 4 ton WSHP from Daikin Applied (formerly mcquay). My Daikin Applied rep told me that this equipment can be used in residential geo applications.
    "I have found no greater satisfaction than achieving success through honest dealing and strict adherence to the view that, for you to gain, those you deal with should gain as well"
    – Alan Greenspan

Also, forgot to mention that those smart source HPs are capable of 60+ EER in ground water applications in part load. Really cool product, although less well known in residential applications.

http://www.daikinapplied.com/water-s...e-vertical.php
    "I have found no greater satisfaction than achieving success through honest dealing and strict adherence to the view that, for you to gain, those you deal with should gain as well"
    – Alan Greenspan

Thanks for the heads up. I have contacted Hydrotemp and have been extremely happy with the engineering dept so far. Im pretty sure I will be purchasing a couple systems .