Kingsman vs. majestic

We are putting 2 fireplaces in our new home, and was wondering if there was much difference in quality between these two brands.

Basically the kingsman fireplaces are on sale, so they are cheaper than the majestic right now. Retail both of these are about the same price.

Not sure which to go with, the guy doing the plumbing in our house installs the majestic and says that they are the best brand and the installer for the Kingsman says they are the best brand.

Are either of these brands easier as far as maintenance is concerned?

Not sure what questions to ask?

The model number for majestic are DV360 one is a one sided fireplace and the other is a dual sided.

The kingsman numbers are MDVL31N and HBZDV3624N

Not sure if there is an answer to this, or if it is just personal preference

Thanks
    Tim
    Last edited by tvvbsn; 07-05-2007 at 06:45 PM.

I know I would never have a plumber install a fireplace. I have seen fireplaces installed by other trades, usually its pretty scary. Trust a fireplace pro to do the work.

IMO majestics are ugly and is that Kingsman a B-vent or something? It looks funny.

Now here is a beatiful fireplace: http://www.heatnglo.com/products/fir...il.asp?f=00230

What is a B-vent?

There are two on the kingsman website, one with a B behind the model number and one without, I am assuming this is the one without the B.
    So its probably not a B-vent.

The kingsman would be installed by a "fireplace pro."

Here is the link to the kingsman fireplaces

MDVL31N

HBZDV3624N

And links to the Majestics are:

Majestic fireplaces

I looked at the brochure closer and it says Direct Vent in there... which is good. Its not B-Vent. The kingsman looks fairly nice. If those are your only two choices I would go with the kingsman and the pros, not the plumber and his majectic.

I've got to agree with jtp on that Heat-n-glo 6000GLX. I have several customers that have that in their homes and they look great. I must say from a service perspective, I can see how it wouldn't be a favorite with service techs. I have never had one break down on me. The only service calls that I have to deal with was scheduled maintenance or operator error.

Check with fireplaceguru on the Kingsman direct vent. I have many Kingsman ventfree units in $600k-$900k homes and the quality is top notch !!!!

I know how the kingsmans work and perform, the HBZDV models ( Direct Vents ) are awesome fireplaces and there are lots to choose from, like heater rated units to decrotive styles and with the new modern wall surrounds you cannot beat them in looks and reliablity and if you get bored of the logs after years you can change to a different style of log or go for the modern rock look,I know because we test these units daily. Some other manufactures do not even test there burner assemblies before boxing up the units. I have had these units in my homes and never once had a problem.

Sold Majestic at the distributor level for several years and took all their tech-training.We were able to supply replacement parts for 35 year-old equipment.I suggest you purchase a professionally installed product with whichever manufacturer seems to be more established in your area.After all the time spent considering various options it's easy to lose track of longevity and service.All major manufacturers carrying full lines of equipment should be able to satisfy your needs,some boutique brands may not survive long term.
    Ethics are as important as education.

Kingsman has been making stoves and fireplaces for over 30 years.

Guru,have they(kingsman)always been sold under that name?Where do they manufacture?I have not run into them here in Chicago.
    Ethics are as important as education.

They used woodsman for a very short time but have been kingsman for as long as I know. there is Benson stone company in rockford.

I think Benson stone sells everything... I have seen them come up when searching for dealers for our brands also (HHT).

We actually went with a local provider that has been around for at least 15 years. They sell Heat n Glo. We went with the 6000GLX since it has one of the nicer logs that I have seen. And a multiside one, can't recall the number. Thanks for the help tho.

Tim

ST-HV-IPI is the multiside see-thru. Awesome choice on the GLX, I love that fireplace. What front did you pick out?

If you have any questions about it you can post here also.