Thread: Honeywell help

Honeywell help

I have a Honeywell control system on one of my jobs. I actually istalled it while working for a different company about six years ago, and now my current company has the contract.

I can't rememeber what the name of the system is right now, but it is basically a VAV system with electric heat and "smart" damper motors. The motor is a W7751H2025.

I found a dead motor and replaced it, but I can't get it online with the system. It has a node number, but the control panel is pretty limited as far as modifications.

When we installed the system, we had a guy from the supply house commision all the units. He no longer works there. Their new honeywell guy will not return my calls. I have left 5 messages.

Does anybody know if I can do this without a computer program?

Sorry for the lack of info about the system type, I will get more tommorow.

Thanks.

That motor uses a Lonworks network for communication. It was probably originally set up using LONSpec, but whatever was used, it now needs the new damper motor/module commissioned. You probably need to find a local control contractor who deals in Honeywell to commission it for you, or buy the software and spend sometime learning about it. If you can find out more about the original setup and/or any computer files for the setup it may help. Given the right information , files and remote communications to the site, it may be possible for someone to commission it remotely for you.
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

You can get information from on this device on http://customer.honeywell.com

You have what they call a Smart VAV which is a LON device. The actuator is mounted directly on the LON controller. To get it operational, you need to commission it and configure it.

To get the LON plug-ins, look on http://plugin.ge51.honeywell.de/. I think you can also get it from www.lonmark.org.

Cheers,

The system was probably LCBS - Light Commmercial Buildign System - programmed with LonSpec. Any of that sound familiar?

LonSpec is not expensive and you can sign up as a CCES contractor and get it "free" for a $300 sign-up fee, along with a lot of product discounts.

Even if you buy the program, you still need to be trained on it if you have never done control programming before. LonSpec is a good little program but my advice to you given the cost of buying the software and training classes is to call the nearest Honeywell distributor. The local HVAC supply houses are not distributors, they just sell a few select parts. Honeywell has branch offices in most major cities so find the closest one and just ask for the number of the nearest Honeywell contractor to your location. My company is one of the few remaining non-Honeywell owned Distributors in the US and we are not allowed to sell software to just anyone off the street unless they have been trained through a Honeywell certified class. Cheapest way, find the nearest Honeywell contractor and pay the 3 hour minimum to have them do a "replace device" on the new VAV controller.

This sounds like a Rapid Zone system. If this is the case, do not commission it with lonspec. You should only use Rapid Zone. The software is available from Honeywell and it is free. If you'd like, email me & I can get it to you. Too much can go wrong if you use lonspec.

Joe

Who's the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by LMiller View Post
    Even if you buy the program, you still need to be trained on it if you have never done control programming before. LonSpec is a good little program but my advice to you given the cost of buying the software and training classes is to call the nearest Honeywell distributor. The local HVAC supply houses are not distributors, they just sell a few select parts. Honeywell has branch offices in most major cities so find the closest one and just ask for the number of the nearest Honeywell contractor to your location. My company is one of the few remaining non-Honeywell owned Distributors in the US and we are not allowed to sell software to just anyone off the street unless they have been trained through a Honeywell certified class. Cheapest way, find the nearest Honeywell contractor and pay the 3 hour minimum to have them do a "replace device" on the new VAV controller.
    You need to verify what config. product was used originally. If the vav was commissioned in care then you must use the original care data base to re-commission the vav. Lonspec could have been used if the project is all L.C.B.S. LonSpec is more of a configuration tool than a programming tool. (except maybe the xl-15c). and it's easy to use. No factory traing is worth paying to learn this simple tool. Spend an afternoon with it and build some test projects that include all the xl-10 devices that you use regularly and start configuring them. But to re-commission or replace the vav on your live project, must be done with the original tool in order for the network to continue "seeing" the new vav.
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

I forgot all about this thread. What I ended up doing after three weeks of getting ignored by the supply house guys was put the old board on the new motor. It didn't look like it would come apart, but with a very tiny torx bit, it did. It started working instantly.

That was an easy fix for a bad motor, but if I ever lose a board out there, I will be right back here thankful for the good advice.

Thanks, Chad.

yeah

I think it sounds like it was commissioned through Lon Spec, EVision or some other form of Honeywell Lon Control. Does the building have a front end with a LNEX on it. Probably not but worth asking?