Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think that wrench comes in the seal kit.

http://store.extremeairservice.com/364-14916-000.html

if that's the wrench.... holy smokes

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    I think that wrench comes in the seal kit.
    No, it does not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timmy2734 View Post
    http://store.extremeairservice.com/364-14916-000.html

if that's the wrench.... holy smokes
    That's the one.

What to do now???

Quote Originally Posted by BRYANT MAN View Post
    What to do now???
    That's a good question. Take a picture of the coupling with the guard removed. I'm starting to question what coupling you have. There were some that didn't require the wrench we are talking about. Can't tell you w/o seeing the coupling.

If you need the wrench, the problem is that probably very few York offices still have one. I know one office that has one. There may be others. If your local JCI office had one perhaps you could rent it from them. That would probably be unlikely, but you never know. The worst thing they could say is "No." If you decide to go that route, you really need to talk to a York legacy mechanic with some years under his belt. The newer JCI version of mechanic won't have a clue what you are talking about.

And if you do need the wrench the P/N that's been quoted is wrong for an LTD76. A "76" uses an 1 1/4" coupling not an 1 7/8".

KnewYork,
    Do you have a picture of this wrench, or one like it? Its not just a spanner wrench is it?

Baltimore parts wants $6,700.00 for the wrench. I talked to the local JCI office and if we do the grunt work they will come out and replace the seal. This may be the best option.

Our shop has been working on chillers since 1957, we have tools that I have no idea what they are for. If you can get a picture, I may be able to find it and rent it. I have a HT/OT book somewhere, I took it out of the truck years ago, if I have time I'll look for a pic of the wrench.

I did one not too long ago and ended up having luck getting the coupling half loose with a modified open end combo wrench and a 36" pipe wrench on the spline section. Had to use a come along to pull the two wrenches together. Was too hard by hand, but with the come along came loose like butter. I think I may still have pictures that I could email.

Quote Originally Posted by tacxc View Post
    I did one not too long ago and ended up having luck getting the coupling half loose with a modified open end combo wrench and a 36" pipe wrench on the spline section. Had to use a come along to pull the two wrenches together. Was too hard by hand, but with the come along came loose like butter. I think I may still have pictures that I could email.
    Not even close to being the proper way to do it. A pipe wrench has no business on the coupling.

I guess necessity really is the mother of invention......

Quote Originally Posted by tacxc View Post
    Wow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12