independence day, again

once again Americans will celebrate independence day with check points and random searches.

even the Safe & Lame fireworks are illegal , showing that once our leaders get that first foot in the door they never stop until everything is illegal.

thank you totalitarian government for saving us from our selves.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    once again Americans will celebrate independence day with check points and random searches.

even the Safe & Lame fireworks are illegal , showing that once our leaders get that first foot in the door they never stop until everything is illegal.

Quit whining and go to Magic Mountain or Knott's Berry farm and watch the fireworks there, or move out of L.A. I think the smog is getting to you bro!
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

My dear guests...I am Mr. Rourke, your host.
    Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Well, have you done anything on the local level, or are you just waiting for Godot?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

I am so sorry, california must just suck.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

local government says "don't shoot fireworks in the city because you might light a house on fire, go to an open area like the desert"

so i moved to Nevada and local government said there, "don't shoot fireworks in the desert because you might light the desert on fire"

the little secret is the government doesn't care about fires or anyone's house, they just want to destroy the holiday because YOU HAVE NO INDEPENDENCE

the town i used to live in in Nevada , Pahrump, had 3 firework stores and people from Las Vegas were coming to watch the show,
    IT ONLY TOOK ONE YEAR (last year) , the local government closed down private firework lightings , shut down the offical town shows, and set up check points to bust
    people bringing fireworks into Vegas.

* our first Independence Day was celebrated by shooting cannons at someone's a$$

* the next independence days were celebrated by firing cannons in the air

* the government told us not to celebrate by firing guns and cannons so we agreed on fireworks.

* the government told us that fireworks were too dangerous and to use weak fireworks, Safe and Lame

* now the government tells us we can't view fireworks unless we pay to see one of their shows, we have to pay them to celebrate our holiday.

i say we go back to step one and celebrate by firing cannons at their a$$es.

local government says "don't shoot fireworks in the city because you might light a house on fire, go to an open area like the desert"

so i moved to Nevada and local government said there, "don't shoot fireworks in the desert because you might light the desert on fire"

the little secret is the government doesn't care about fires or anyone's house, they just want to destroy the holiday because YOU HAVE NO INDEPENDENCE

the town i used to live in in Nevada , Pahrump, had 3 firework stores and people from Las Vegas were coming to watch the show,
    IT ONLY TOOK ONE YEAR (last year) , the local government closed down private firework lightings , shut down the offical town shows, and set up check points to bust
    people bringing fireworks into Vegas.

* our first Independence Day was celebrated by shooting cannons at someone's a$$

* the next independence days were celebrated by firing cannons in the air

* the government told us not to celebrate by firing guns and cannons so we agreed on fireworks.

* the government told us that fireworks were too dangerous and to use weak fireworks, Safe and Lame

* now the government tells us we can't view fireworks unless we pay to see one of their shows, we have to pay them to celebrate our holiday.

i say we go back to step one and celebrate by firing cannons at their a$$es.
    My freind, you need to find a new use for fireworks, I think I can help:

I have personally decided against the use of fireworks for fire-fear, depends upon the year. Burn-bans suck, but we really gotta make an effort to stop the wild-fires. That said, I think popping a cracker on your own property is probably constitutionally protected free speech... Supreme court?

oh yeah , i really believe the government cares about our safety and is trying to make things better.

homelessness , not on the agenda

malpractice, (the leading cause of death in America) not on the agenda

auto accidents, (2nd leading cause of death) not on the agenda (yet)

oh yeah , i really believe the government cares about our safety and is trying to make things better.

homelessness , not on the agenda

malpractice, (the leading cause of death in America) not on the agenda

auto accidents, (2nd leading cause of death) not on the agenda (yet)
    Move back to pakistan, where the river flows with honey.

Move to Mexico. They won't care if you light off fireworks, and they don't care about any of that other stuff either. You're close enough it shouldn't take you too many trips to get moved in.
    I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

You need a hobby wolf.

Anyhow....our city finally moved the fireworks display back downtown this year giving my front deck a perfect view of the fireworks. Its so much nicer being able to watch from the house with a fridge and clean restroom nearby.

Several years ago some dumb*** at the city decided that it would be more correct to have the fireworks display on the morning of the 4th instead of at the normal time of 10pm. They set a time of 6am because most folks wouldnt attend a fireworks event at 4 or 5 in the morning.

The sun is up here at 6am in july.... you could still tell there was a fireworks display but for the most part it was a sad display indeed....

Some of our neighbors illegally set off some very impressive fireworks of their own on up into the night. You can buy about anything around here....there are stores here..air conditioned stores...that sell about anything you could imagine.... big stuff too...mortars with additional shells.... its absolutely wild.