distributor icing (frosting)

distributor icing (frosting)

hi everyone
    Recently we have designed direct expansion cooling system but we have Icing problem. Because of the some constraints we had to put distributor in front of evaporator and beside centrifuge fans, our fans are sucking fans so the distributor is in a way of cold air and it means the cold air passes the distributor. after 1 hour the distributor begins icing and consequently the evaporator begins icing. also temperature of the collector line is not homologous, upside of collector is warm but downside of collector is freezing cold. I need help to solve this problem so anyone can help? is isolating the distributor can help? what about changing distributor position?

best regards
    moshaei

How's about we start with some pressures and temperatures?

More info needed… but the distributor and feeder tubes icing does not mean the coil will ice.. unless the feeder tubes are touching or close to the coil fins.

A lot more info is required here.. application, design evap temp, p/t, refrigerant...

Quote Originally Posted by mhmoshaei View Post
    we had to put distributor in front of evaporator and beside centrifuge fans, our fans are sucking fans so the distributor is in a way of cold air and it means the cold air passes the distributor. after 1 hour the distributor begins icing and consequently the evaporator begins icing.
    All evap fans suck through , thats normal ... but anyhow I guess you could insulate the distributor if you think thats the issue

also temperature of the collector line is not homologous, upside of collector is warm but downside of collector is freezing cold.
    what is a collector ? Sounds like its restrictive , which could be the problem

is isolating the distributor can help? what about changing distributor position?
    I've seen reach in coolers with txv in front of coil , in airflow , they run fine

What is this ? a Cooler ? Freezer ?

Can you take pictures ? I know you can .... so lets see what we are working with here ...

Uhm... Huh?

I have seen distributors ice, well frost, on all kinds of equipment.. from blast/frozen/med temp....

With no specifics we can no help.

Oh yeah.. that has already been said :-D

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..