Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Clinton pardoned over 450 people while he was president. Only Carter with 566 beat h

People are upset when Bush commutes an innocent man’s sentence and Clinton and Carter released a ton of felons and traitors back to society. Read Clinton’s sorry defense of his actions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/18/op...&ex=1183521600
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Looks like Reagn and Ford pardoned a few as well. Ford seemed the most prolific with a short term. " I am not a crook"
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Quote Originally Posted by glennac8 View Post
    And in a circumstance of extreme irony, the case for pardons of Marc Rich and Pincus Green was reviewed and advocated by, among others, LEWIS (Scooter) LIBBY.

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    Looks like Reagn and Ford pardoned a few as well. Ford seemed the most prolific with a short term. " I am not a crook"
    Yeah, Ford not only racked up an impressive number in such a short time but also granted what is probably the most slimy pardon in the history of presidential pardons.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    And in a circumstance of extreme irony, the case for pardons of Marc Rich and Pincus Green was reviewed and advocated by, among others, LEWIS (Scooter) LIBBY.

Well that should explain the rest of the coke dealers and mafia types.

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    Well that should explain the rest of the coke dealers and mafia types.
    No, Scooter only pimped white collar crooks like himself.

Chapman Cohen

CNN was saying Nixon pardoned over 900, Bush Sr only 77
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

The point being made is:

You can be convicted of, obstruction of justice and perjury- and still avoid jail.

If all the felons incarcerated. had a friend in the oval office,we could close the prison's.

If an old HVAC guy (read ordinary citizen)was convicted of the same charges he would be "Cooling IT" in the jail house.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    The point being made is:

You can be convicted of, obstruction of justice and perjury- and still avoid jail.

If all the felons incarcerated. had a friend in the oval office,we could close the prison's.

If an old HVAC guy (read ordinary citizen)was convicted of the same charges he would be "Cooling IT" in the jail house.

LOL Guy get's a $250,000 fine and jail time because his testimony didn't match Tim Russert's? Look here sport, how hard do you think it would be to find witnesses to testify in court cases if that was the norm?

Quote Originally Posted by James 3528 View Post
    LOL Guy get's a $250,000 fine and jail time because his testimony didn't match Tim Russert's?
    Libby was sentenced to jail time and a fine because he was found, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be guilty of obstruction, perjury and lying to the FBI.

Look here sport, how hard do you think it would be to find witnesses to testify in court cases if that was the norm?
    It is the norm.

All witnesses have to do is tell the truth.

Something which the jury, beyond a reasonable doubt, found Libby had not done.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Libby was sentenced to jail time and a fine because he was found, beyond a reasonable doubt, to be guilty of obstruction, perjury and lying to the FBI.
    It is the norm.
    All witnesses have to do is tell the truth.
    Something which the jury, beyond a reasonable doubt, found Libby had not done.
    Guity of perjury because he said he does not remember. Go smoke some more of your rope. Give me a break. That's what Hilliary said hunders of times to all the questions about White Water. And not just one time. The should of found her guilty a hundred times and given her life by your standards. Let's be honnest here.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/07...y3011715.shtml

CBS News 7/3/07

“Is it fair? Ask Martha Stewart—she spent time in prison when she lied to federal investigators. Is it just? Ask the hundreds of other people who are sitting in prison now for lying under oath or otherwise obstructing justice. Does it affect the executive branch’s ability going forward to enforce the rule of law without fear or favor? Depends upon what your definition of “rule of law” is”

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2007/07...y3011715.shtml

CBS News 7/3/07

“Is it fair? Ask Martha Stewart—she spent time in prison when she lied to federal investigators. Is it just? Ask the hundreds of other people who are sitting in prison now for lying under oath or otherwise obstructing justice. Does it affect the executive branch’s ability going forward to enforce the rule of law without fear or favor? Depends upon what your definition of “rule of law” is”
    Of course Martha Stewart go screwed. What about Hilliary? Answer that question. Explain that will you.
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast