Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Effhvacsteve View Post
    ...We did not install that hot water heater. I understand. Not trying to bust on you but offer my observations
    There are isolation valves on both sides of the expansion tank, one is hidden in the picture but the other is the return shut off valve.Fine. Makes more sense just to put a ballvalve between the air scoop and tank but that's fine. Just so you can check the charge or replace it without dropping the entire system
    This boiler has a LWCO built infine
    Pump is the first thing on the supply! is everyone blind?That's the problem dude! You are pumping into the tank! It should be on the supply yes, but pumping away from the tank!
    As far as the chimney goes it has a clay liner i may be wrong but I've never been required to run a chimney liner in a clay chimney.Means nothing. 99% of all clay tile lined chimneys fail a Level II inspection, which is what is required.
    The gas line is hung with a piece of strap iron at the 3/4 90 that comes down to the boiler.That's my point-no support down where it transitions to flex. They should have put a lateral support where it ends and put a sediment trap there, too

Maybe I should have posted a few more pictures from a few different angles you guys are having a hayday with all the stuff you can't even see in the picture.
    Lastly your right i didn't install a discharge tube from the backflow preventer vent.
    I don't think you understand the nature of this Wall of Fame- it is to put bragging pics of YOUR OWN work but agree to the critique or constructive criticism of peers. If you cannot take that you shouldn't post here. We're not here to make you look bad or personalize this. We post what we see as defects, questions or possible alternate ways to help you. In the future, yes, you would need to post more pics from varying angles because you trigger more questions than you answer with one pic. Peace brother

I always use primary-secondary piping to help prevent excessive condensing in boiler with radiators or other large mass systems, or you can at least use a system bypass to help the boiler reach proper operating temperature faster.
    Nothing is magic, it works or doesn't work for a reason.

Sorry for being a baby. I should take it as constructive criticism.

So let me ask a question about something I may be wrong about. My pump is on the supply side of the system pumping into the loop, then after the loop it comes around into the air scoop and expansion tank then down into the boiler. Is that wrong? and if it is then where should it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Effhvacsteve View Post
    Sorry for being a baby. I should take it as constructive criticism.

So let me ask a question about something I may be wrong about. My pump is on the supply side of the system pumping into the loop, then after the loop it comes around into the air scoop and expansion tank then down into the boiler. Is that wrong? and if it is then where should it go?

Yes it's wrong you have the air scoop at the coldest point of the system, it won't separate air as well. And it's not technically behind the pump in my opinion. In order it should be scoop with exp tank and fill then pump so the exp tank is on the suction side, look in the manual for the boiler it will show you if you open them

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Yes it's wrong you have the air scoop at the coldest point of the system, it won't separate air as well. And it's not technically behind the pump in my opinion. In order it should be scoop with exp tank and fill then pump so the exp tank is on the suction side, look in the manual for the boiler it will show you if you open them
    I agree. The air scoop, auto feed and expansion tank should be installed together. This is the point of no pressure difference.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Your main pipes look pretty big. That might be too much pump for your system. You should come out of boiler into air scoop with expansion tank then pump. With 18" clear of any turns.

Ok sounds good. Next one we do I will pipe it that way. Thanks

If you are proud enough to post on wall of pride we will push you toward perfection, it is a learning site after all.

I like to install a valve on each side of pump , when it goes bad , 5 minute swap out ... seeya

Circulator ! not pump .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12