Thread: NAE Query

NAE Query

Is there a way to do a query in the NAE and then change all of the setpoints at once? In other words I want to search for all of the occupied heating setpoints and then change all of them at once to 70 degrees

Simple. Find the actual point names you're looking for, go to query, global and then put an * in front of the point name like *HTGOCC-SP or something like that. Then click submit. Highlight them all and perform change.

I have a pic of a screenshot here, but I'm feeling kinda lazy to upload it somewhere.

I get that far but when I highlight everything and right click, it will only change the one point that I clicked on.

You have to make sure all the setpoint types are the same (deg vs inches etc) Also what version MEA do you have? I have to double check, but I believe some of the older versions might have had an issue with this. But usually its the units that need to match. Highlight the points, then right click and issue a command. It should work

Hmm actually the units don't even need to match, I was wrong, so maybe you have an old version?

I think the version is either 4.0 or 4.1

You need to select all and then use the action tab command.

I had no problem with the "highlight, right click" method on a 5.2 site, but the issue may be the version. Try Phantoms idea, I will try to access an older site tomorrow to see if I have any different results as well. I would bet its 4.0, there was a major reworking of the structure at 4.1, which is why you cannot upgrade a -0 NAE past 4.0, although there is a patch for 4.0 that helped to emulate a lot of the features in 4.1, and that might be a thought if you actually ARE at 4.0

Cluck over the trunk then click the global search button...This will allow you to search the entire trunk. If you were clciked on a specific cntroller when you enetered the global search it only searched that device
    UA Local 141

Hey Berg, I don't think that was his issue, he couldn't send commands to multiple points. Igotworms, I noticed something today, although you probably already went and did all the points individually, make sure, on the left of the command (when you are doing the multi command) the box is checked. Today I wanted to do a global command to about 10 static pressure inputs, and it grayed out the "send", then I realized the checkbox next to the attribute wasn't checked. Once I did that I was able to send the command

Under Control, what version of MSEA are you using? I think the version is my problem, I cant figure it out this site is at 4.0 im going to try another site that is at a higher rev.

Well, like I said, between 4.0 and 4.1 there was a big difference, which is actually out of the ordinary, usually the big differences occur at the major revisions, but not this time. they actually changed the structure, that is why you cannot put 4.1 on a NAE5510-0, or any -0 NAE55, it uses too much memory. So that MAY be the issue, I just happen to have the event i described happen and it made me think of you. Seems to me if you can highlight them, you should be able to control them all, but as I said, I noticed in this instance, the checkbox next to the command wasnt ticked, so I had to do that before I got the "send" option to become active. My site was 5.0

If you have a NAE55xx-1, or a NAE45 or 35, you can upgrade to 4.1 without having to purchase the software, if your capable of performing the upgrade yourself, but you will have to be able to back up the site with SCT and reflash the NAE