Tridium to Siemens Need to control DAY CLG HTG STPT

I am using a third party driver that talks to siemens apogee over the MMI port. I thought it would allow me to change the DAY NGT CLG HTG STPT on the TEC controller and such but it is uncommadable unless i write to the initial value. I saw in the manual that it is not a good idea because this is flash memory. So is there another way to allow me to remotely change the setpoints without writing to initial value on the TEC? Maybe modify the TEC code to let me use another variable that is commandable? if so how do i do that?
    Any response is appreaciated.

Are these points "unbundled" ?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

What version of apogee and what type of controller are we dealing with?

Understanding the sequence of operations and doing it "right" is the best way to go. However, it isn't always possible; most flash products are designed to withstand 100,000 - 1,000,000 writes.

Try it with CTL STPT. And yes it needs to be unbundled. CTL STPT is one of the points that can be commanded directly without setting initial value.

The best I can tell I have
    Power Open Processor
    Apogee
    BLN P2 RS-485
    FLN Modbus

I am not very familiar with siemens, but i would assume the points are bundled. I can try using the CTL STPT but still prefer to change the CLG and HTG setpoint directly.

You will need to unbundle these points thru hyper terminal.

If I unbundle, what is the impact? network speed, links, ect? Sorry I am just not too familiar with the system. Can you explain a little more on what it means to unbundle?

If this were still a Siemens system they would tell you to unbundle the points you would want to see on a graphic, in your case to be commanded form the jace. IYour network shouldn't have an issue as long as your not trying to poll all the unbundled sub points. If I recall in hyper terminal it would be Feildpanel,FLN,TEC.

So after giving it a shot, I could only control CTL STPT. Still unable to control DAY and NIGHT setpoints. So is there not a way to map these points to something else as a mediator?

I don't get it. Day and night stpt are not things you normally change frequently. Writing twice daily to these points, if you really need to do so, is no big deal. It would take 137 years to reach 100,000 writes to the flash memory. Just make sure the prog is done properly in order to avoid writing each scan.

I would have rather a customer change day night set points, CTL setpoint overrides these values and depending on the firmware in your tec, might not appropriately control heating amid cooling. He needs to unbundle these points for proper control. Unfortunately Siemens tecs won't keep a set offset when one of these is changed.